Max Is A Jumper

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous! Well he deserves a treat for working so hard:D And I'm sure you don't mind giving him them either:D 10 minutes is great as he's only just started. LOL he'll be looking to do marathons soon!

Sameeee

the treadmill gets a workout every day it was the best thing I could get, first thing in the morning Max gets 15 min's working up to more each day , my turn 30 mins . then hubby he only gets 10 min's untill doc says he can do more, then Max gets to go outside to play ball. I have to stay out with Max he has found so many ways to get out of the vinyl fence I put up. plus went out the other day and something big took out a 2 foot sq of the fence. thinking it was one of the other dogs that was giving Max probs. so this weekend son is gona help me put up a 6 ft high chainlink fence, Max is not as hiper as he was but has a long way to go to get him settled down.

MaryK

Honored Member
That's great that Max is working up his time on the treadmill and that you and your husband are both benefiting too(y)

Sorry to hear about the fence but glad your son is going to help put up the chain link one, that should keep unwelcome dogs out and Max in!(y)

Some dogs stay very young adolescent, for ages, Max may be one of those dogs. Keep playing and walking him on the treadmill and maybe try some 'search' games inside for him. These do mentally tire out a dog, thus making them less 'hyper'. Easy to set up too, just 'hide' something he knows and loves in different spots around the house and then ask him to find them.

Sameeee

I can really tell when Max has not walked on the treadmill. he bounces off the walls. and it's not helping with the fence down he has to go out on the leash again. uped his time on the treadmill to 3 times a day. and son is gona put in the posts for the chain link fence today. hope I can get the fence up in a few days so Max can go out to play again.
your right about him staying a puppy. a BIG puppy. I love Max he is a smart boy. and I am doing my best and what I can to calm him down so we can all live in peace.

MaryK

Honored Member
I bet you can tell when Max hasn't walked on his treadmill. Hope the fence is up again soon, so he can have a free play time. LOL he'll stay a BIG BIG puppy for ages yet, don't you just love him so much, gotta love the perrenial teenager:love::love:

Sameeee

son got the fence posts in yesterday. and I got the gates up. will be tomorrow before I can start putting the chain link up. will be so glad when I get it done and can just open the door and let Max out to play without the leash.