Max Is A Jumper

Sameeee

havent got the teadmill yet, son is trying to talk me out of getting it. I think he just don't want to move it lol. he has bet me that I wont get Max to use it. I am holding my ground and as soon as I can get him up here to haul it. I am gona start Max on it. hope it is as easy as the videos say it is lol

southerngirl

Honored Member
havent got the teadmill yet, son is trying to talk me out of getting it. I think he just don't want to move it lol. he has bet me that I wont get Max to use it. I am holding my ground and as soon as I can get him up here to haul it. I am gona start Max on it. hope it is as easy as the videos say it is lol
You'll be able to do it and Max will love it. Your son will see that he's wrong. GO MAX(y)

MaryK

Honored Member
GO MAX!!!!!!!!!!! Think of your Mom, she's doing all she can to help you wear off that excess energy! You'll do it Samee, just patience and loads of treats:D

Your son sounds just like my partner, tries to talk me out of anything where he just may have to help out!:(

Sameeee

still waiting on son to come help me get the tradmill, tomarrow we are getting fencing, decided to fence in the side of the house. would cost less and will give him more room to play. plus I could have Max at the side and the little ones out back. we are going to get some of the rain and wind from the huricane here in Missouri tomarrow. so might not be able to do much work on it till Sunday. gona check out getting a clicker, got bunchs of treats. getting everything ready to start the training of Max not only on the treadmill but other things too. also will be working with Precious and Rocky. gona get them on the treadmill too. I think I will have my work cut out for me. busy. busy. busy lol.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh that's a great idea to give Max his own special playground (and cheaper for you too):D(y)

Hope all is well with the huricane, we get the reports here and it looks so awful.

You can easily get clickers on ebay, the insect ones are available in the States - not here though.

So happy all is going well with Max, he won't know himself, treadmills and training to do tricks WOW!!!!!!!!(y):D

And Precious and Rocky on the treadmill too, that's grand I am sure they will love it. Just keep it to a few minutes with Rocky as he's still so young:D

All these preparations will also help make the time pass more quickly until Rocky arrives. Keep busy, best way to make time pass(y):D

MaryK

Honored Member
That's terrific!!!!!! Hope the weather holds for you so you can get up the fence. He better LOL otherwise everyone on DTA will be on his tail:eek::D

MaryK

Honored Member
to much rain today to get anything done but son said he will bring up a dolly to move the treadmill sunday. told him he better or I gona sit on him and he don't want my big hinny sitting on him lol
Understand about rain Samee, you just cannot put up fences when it's pouring with rain!

:LOL: Good one love that and do it if he doesn't get that treadmill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Max is one VERY HANDSOME boy:love: He looks like he's ready for FUN:D

LOL good so your son will definitely get the treadmill!!!!!!!!(y)

Sameeee

here is the story of how Max came to live with us, I answered a ad on Craigslist about a boxer, for hubbies birthday, the guy told me he wanted $300 for them, well that was to much for me, two days later the guy called and said I could have 1 free he could not keep them where he lived and they did not have their tails cliped, we met up and he pulled out a purty 8 week old boxer. then he pulled out a larger beautiful 8 week old boxer. we knew that was Max. he told us we could take both. we did. the other is Sam. we found him a great home with a friend of my daughter inlaw. here is a pic of Sam and Max the day we brought them home. Max is in the front.

max.jpg

Dogster

Honored Member
Great story!!!! Awwwww, ADORABLE puppies!!!!!!!!!:love::love: So Max's tail isn't docked then??? That's AWESOME!!!! I love to see dogs with their proper tails!!!!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
yep he still has his whip. lol:LOL:
Loved the story and the pics! So glad he hasn't been docked. I LOVE dogs to have their tails, it's an important part of their communication faculties too:love:

It's illegal over here and back home (U.K.) to dock tails or ears.

LOL whip just about describes a Boxer's tail they sure have some power in the wagger!:D

southerngirl

Honored Member
There tails are pretty, but they dock them for a good reason. A lot of boxers are known for injuring their tails because they are so rambunctious. You can look up boxer injured tails and find stories about boxers who had to have their tail docked later in life because of an injury to their tail.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Southerngirl, I did not know that about Boxers injuring their tails. I do know they are VERY rambunctious. A friend had one and that dog's idea of greeting you was to fly in full pelt from the garden THREW THE WINDOW if the French Doors weren't open, OVER THE BACK of the sofa and land hopefully in your lap, or head or anywhere else:LOL:

Then smother you with doggy kisses:LOL:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank you Southerngirl, I did not know that about Boxers injuring their tails. I do know they are VERY rambunctious. A friend had one and that dog's idea of greeting you was to fly in full pelt from the garden THREW THE WINDOW if the French Doors weren't open, OVER THE BACK of the sofa and land hopefully in your lap, or head or anywhere else:LOL:

Then smother you with doggy kisses:LOL:
Yeah that's why Most of the dogs who's breeder dock their tails not for looks(well not only), it's for their saftey. My friend has a boxer who in Insane she an energizer bunny:cautious::ROFLMAO: