Matt And Sylvanas

Boneyard

Hello all! I'm Matt, a young bloke from New Zealand. I'm a Uni graduate and training as an IT Tech/Network Administrator at the moment. Had to put everything on hold for about a year due to a Cancer diagnosis in early January 2011. That had quite a few downsides- chemotherapy, radiotherapy, even surgery, and all the various side effects and problems that come with that. The major upside of it was Sylvanas (aka Silvy), a little border-collie bitch-pup I got from one of my father's good friends, whose border collie had just had a large litter. She was the most attentive out of the lot of them, and the runt of the litter too. She's kept me company through most of the trouble, and I'm glad to have her, even though she's a handful (literally, when we first got her, figuratively now:p). She's intelligent (to a fault, perhaps), a mischief, playful and incredibly friendly. She's definitely my little girl, and I'm glad to have found this site so we can sort out a whole pile of fun new tricks for her to learn. I look forward to getting to know some of you quite well, heh.
2011-12-06 14.36.42.jpg

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome, welcome!!!!!!:ROFLMAO: Such an inspiring story!!!! I LOVE your introduction!!!!:LOL: It's great that you have little Sylvie after all you have been through!!! I'm sure that we can be a GREAT help in suggesting tricks to teach your pup. This site goes to the dogs!!!! LOL!!!!:LOL: LOVE the pic of Sylvie by the way. TOO CUTE!!!!!:love:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the Academy!
I have had many family members go through cancer and it is a rough experience for everyone involved. I hope that you have completed your treatments, and if not then good luck to you and stay positive. :)

CUTE pup!! There are many BC owners and lovers here, including myself. ^^ Watch out, they are addicting. :love:
There are tons of trick ideas throughout the forums if you should need some for Silvy. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the forums. We have many, many helpful members here.

Good luck, and enjoy the site!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME, such an adorable dog you have!!! I too, am most inspired by your story, and am rooting for you to so enjoy learning how to teach your beloved dog some tricks!! Tricks training IS addictive! oh it IS!!

hope to see you around here all the time!! Feel free to post more pictures of that cute dog of yours!!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

She sounds like an awesome little pup!

Those of us without Border Collies are in a major minority here now, so you'll have alot of support from BC knowledgeable people! lol