Lov'in Trick Training With Lukka!

Philippa

Hi there
My name is Philippa and I live in Victoria, BC Canada, which is on Vancouver Island on the beautiful west coast of the Province. I have 2 dogs - my young dog Lukka an Icelandic Sheepdog, and Tag my Australian Shepherd. Both have their Novice Trick Training and we are working on our Intermediate! I do agility with both dogs, as well as Obedience and Rally-O. We use the clicker like crazy! We so enjoy the trick training, as it creates a lot of focus and a bond with my dog as well. We are currently working on 'Prayers', 'Barrel racing' and 'play dead'..all are really fun tricks....hope to talk to some more people soon with like interests!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! What great looking dogs there, feel free to post larger photos in this thread, too.

WOW, sounds like you will fit right in here, already addicted to tricks-training!! YAY!!! And a clicker fan, too!!:D

What is "barrel racing" for dogs? sounds fun, whatever it is!!:ROFLMAO:

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!!!!:D Yay!!!! Another trick obsessed owner!!!! Welcome to the club!!!!:) I guess I don't have to give you my little welcome speech then..... LOL:ROFLMAO:
Oh!!!! You do the titles too???? Cool!!!!:cool:

Tigerlily, I think barrel racing is paws up on a barrel + walking. Not sure....:unsure:

Philippa

WELCOME!! What great looking dogs there, feel free to post larger photos in this thread, too.

WOW, sounds like you will fit right in here, already addicted to tricks-training!! YAY!!! And a clicker fan, too!!:D

What is "barrel racing" for dogs? sounds fun, whatever it is!!:ROFLMAO:
Barrel racing is in one of the trick books, which I don't have, and I'm guessing that it is going around something, like in 'horse' barrel racing it is going around 3 different barrels, so I'm using construction pylons and she go in and out of them or around them, using 'left', 'right', 'go' and 'away'....but that was just my interpretation, as I don't have that book, and can't find anything on it...anyone got any ideas...it's on the Intermediate Tricks list...

Philippa

Welcome!!!!!:D Yay!!!! Another trick obsessed owner!!!! Welcome to the club!!!!:) I guess I don't have to give you my little welcome speech then..... LOL:ROFLMAO:
Oh!!!! You do the titles too???? Cool!!!!:cool:

Tigerlily, I think barrel racing is paws up on a barrel + walking. Not sure....:unsure:[/quote
thanks for the 'Welcome'...sounds like I hit the mark when I signed on to this group...hehehee

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

Victoria is sooo gorgeous! I have family there, and in Comox/Courtney. I've spent some time there :)

Enjoy the forum!