Login And Edition Wonky

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I'm having problems with login. If I click "sign in" it'll look like I'm still signed up, but when I return to the forum, it looks like I'm logged out. I do this every few minutes until eventually for some reason it starts to work again. Any chance of fixing this?

Also, post editor/creator has been really wonky lately. I can't make newlines/delete them properly :(

Thanks!

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm having problems logging in, very slow and get the 'error message' that the server hasn't responded etc. Plus with likes, get the error message with those and have to keep trying to like a post.

myraellen

We have recently started to have promblems too, but with "logging out". When we press the "Log Out"-button, it doesn't log us out. When we go to the Home -page, it seems we are logged out, but when we come back to "Discussion Forum", it shows that we are still signed in.

So, does anyone else have this same problem? Or, does some of you know what to do for it/why does it so?

MaryK

Honored Member
I've had that problem also of late. No idea how to fix the problem though. I've stopped 'logging out', seems to work as when I return I can 'log in' but as I've said in previous post, takes forever for page to load and we've the super fast connection.

myraellen

We once wrote in this thread. My friend thought that we would write here again about two things:

1) About logging in
When you are reading the forum but you are not logged in yet. Later you might decide to write something. (You may not want to write everytime.) However, when you log in it takes you out of the forum. It's not so good. In other forums you stay in the thread you were reading. Could it be changed so that it would work the same way also here?

2) We told that:
We have recently started to have promblems too, but with "logging out". When we press the "Log Out"-button, it doesn't log us out. When we go to the Home -page, it seems we are logged out, but when we come back to "Discussion Forum", it shows that we are still signed in.

So, does anyone else have this same problem? Or, does some of you know what to do for it/why does it so?
She answered that:
I've had that problem also of late. No idea how to fix the problem though. I've stopped 'logging out'...
However, my friend just started to think that it might cause promblems: some of the users might use the forum also somewhere else than at home. You don't always need passwords in order to use a computer elsewhere. When he/she stops using the forum and cannot log out, it's not good at all because of this: then some outsider might have an access to his/her profile and he/she can misuse it and/or do something bad. So, could it be fixed so that one could log out immeadeately?

myraellen

We once wrote in this thread. My friend thought that we would write here again about two things:

1) About logging in
When you are reading the forum but you are not logged in yet. Later you might decide to write something. (You may not want to write everytime.) However, when you log in it takes you out of the forum. It's not so good. In other forums you stay in the thread you were reading. Could it be changed so that it would work the same way also here?
2) About logging out:
However, my friend just started to think that it might cause promblems: some of the users might use the forum also somewhere else than at home. You don't always need passwords in order to use a computer elsewhere. When he/she stops using the forum and cannot log out, it's not good at all because of this: then some outsider might have an access to his/her profile and he/she can misuse it and/or do something bad. So, could it be fixed so that one could log out immeadeately?
My friend would like to add that it takes hours that the forum to logs one out. Does anyone else have this problem as well?

running_dog

Honored Member
My friend would like to add that it takes hours that the forum to logs one out. Does anyone else have this problem as well?
Sometimes I can't log out when I click "log out". But it logs me off after about an hour so it isn't a problem to me.

charmedwolf

Staff member
I can't comment on changing anything on the forum (I don't have that type of power :p) but try messaging Jean. That'll send him an email and get his attention a little better/faster than just the forum.

"Logging out"

If you click the log out button and after it confirms you want to log out, it does log you out. While it still might show you as online (I believe it refreshes after an hour or 2), you aren't. I promise.

"Logging in"

I have this problem sometimes too. You can try clearing out your cache first but I find just clicking on the big "log in" button and not the smaller text one seems to log me in every time without fail.

myraellen

We have sent an PM to Jean, but he hasn't answered.

I can't comment on changing anything on the forum (I don't have that type of power :p) but try messaging Jean. That'll send him an email and get his attention a little better/faster than just the forum.

"Logging out"

If you click the log out button and after it confirms you want to log out, it does log you out. While it still might show you as online (I believe it refreshes after an hour or 2), you aren't. I promise.
You are saying that it might show that we are online although we aren't anymore. If that was true, how is it possible to view your profile, details a.s.o.?

"Logging in"

I have this problem sometimes too. You can try clearing out your cache first but I find just clicking on the big "log in" button and not the smaller text one seems to log me in every time without fail.
When we wrote about logging in, my friend was talking about that if one is reading some thread, it takes him/her out of the forum if/when s/he decides to log later in. It doesn't show the button to her/him what you are talking about then. We told that in other forums you stay in the thread you were reading. Could it be changed so that it would work the same way also here?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the late reply, I've been extremely busy with my two businesses. I believe that I have fixed the "Log Out" issue and it works on my computer. But as an administrator, my forum rights are different. So if someone could check and make sure that they can log out and log in properly, that would be great.

By the way when you log back it, it's best if you go to the forum and click on "Sign In".

Thanks!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
We have sent an PM to Jean, but he hasn't answered.
When we wrote about logging in, my friend was talking about that if one is reading some thread, it takes him/her out of the forum if/when s/he decides to log later in. It doesn't show the button to her/him what you are talking about then. We told that in other forums you stay in the thread you were reading. Could it be changed so that it would work the same way also here?
Unfortunately this is not possible with the software that is running this forum. The only alternative is to click "BACK" to the thread that you were reading before logging in, and refreshing the page. That should technically work.