Likes showers more than baths?

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
I discovered something! Buddha likes showers with my handheld shower head rather than baths. I figured that the sound and spraying water would scare him so I always filled the tub and used a cup to pour water on him. But this last time I decided to try my detachable handheld shower head and HE LOVED IT. Before this, he used to avoid following me into the bathroom because he hated baths. Now he runs into the bathroom and jumps into the tub whenever I just pass by the bathroom! :msngiggle:

Do any of you have pets that loves showers but hates baths?

snooks

Experienced Member
I tried the bath shower thing too. Baths generally hated by all including me since we all get soaked. The hand held shower is great but we just moved and the shower is smaller than our huge old one. I got a sprayer hose attachment to the kitchen faucet and use it outside in good weather. When it snows I'll have to go back to putting a lot of treats in the shower and using the hand sprayer again. The closed space seems to be freaky for all my dogs.

We did go to a neat new pet store with dog tubs that you could walk your dog up and had huge rubber pads in the bottom. This seems very neat and I will def try on a quiet day when it gets too cold to go outside.

marieke

I always give Guus a shower, he doesn't like it but doesn't hate it either. He doesn't really mind as long as I'm rubbing the shampoo on his body, he loves that :dogbiggrin: . Never gave him a bath though, we don't have one.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I have a small seat that I put in my shower and bath my dogs using the shower head.

Benefits:

1. It does not allow the dog to get away easily.

2. It does not strain the back.

3. It is much easier to rinse out using a shower head than in the bath tub.

storm22

Experienced Member
luka loves showers and baths, we have the trouble that he can open the bathroom door and tries to jump in the shower with you, sometimes succeding

but koda hates bath time storm has settled down now, he loves a good srubbing with the shampoo too

forensic

Lulu loves both, but it's easier to get her clean with the shower, so we do that. She's never been afraid of water, so that makes bathtime easier. :)