Lickety Stik... Found A New Training Treat

jillianmk

Hank will lick but isnt crazy about it either ... I suspect you are correct that its a strong flavour - and yes to the drinking afterwards

The cat would still kill for it though
The Feline version of Lickety Stik is coming out this summer!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Jillian, if you have any say in current recipe, you might suggest they offer a "gentler taste" option, too, diluting it down to about 1/4th,
to see if that doesn't become one of their best sellers!!

I think it may be just too strong of a taste for some dogs, who might love a gentler taste option.??

but yes, that peanut butter one will probably ROCK!! or the cheese one!!

jillianmk

Jillian, if you have any say in current recipe, you might suggest they offer a "gentler taste" option, too, diluting it down to about 1/4th,
to see if that doesn't become one of their best sellers!!

I think it may be just too strong of a taste for some dogs, who might love a gentler taste option.??

but yes, that peanut butter one will probably ROCK!! or the cheese one!!
I will let our product design team know! Thank you for your feedback!

Amateur

Experienced Member
yes I will actually observe closer as to see if I can tell if he just dosent like it or othr wis. It could be just that I have a keen sense of smell and are making an assumption.
and yeah you cant get too peanut buttery.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
LOL, Dogcrazy, i think supporting each other is a great thing to do here!! Lots of ppl have real life pals who don't really appreciate what is involved in dog training, to fully congradulate another person when they DO get their dog to do some things,
but, lol, i sure do realize what was involved!!:ROFLMAO:

i just love all the dogs here on DTA,:love: and i admire ppl who do their best to give their dog a rich and full life. I wish more dog owners were like members of DTA, who DO take the time to make sure their dog has a great day, too!!:D

charmedwolf

Staff member
I got one as a gift from my job. Whenever they think about getting a new object, they hand them out to everybody so we can all test them.

It does have a really strong smell! I thought it was just me til the others smelled it as well. And I pulled a Tigerlily and tasted it :D, to me it tasted like bacon that's been dipped in worcestershire sauce (Something I used to do all the time when I was younger). All my pack seem to like it but again rarely do they not like something. I give them 2 licks as a reward mostly because I'm not fast enough to pull it away from the giant tongues.

The only real problem I have is with the twist top. If a pop top was possible it would be better. I mainly use mine when I'm out walking working with the reactive dogs so the time it can take to twist the top off waste too much time and leaving the top open is not always a option.

Dogster

Honored Member
GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!

I GOT ONE!!!! I GOT ONE!!!!:D

I got a lickety stick!!!! The liver flavour!!! Shivon loves it!!!! It works really well, and it's very convenient!!!;) I recommend it. Shivon gets 2 or 3 licks before I get to pull it away...LOL she has one loooong tongue!!:LOL:

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
We just got these at work not that long ago and most of my guys - except Luka - will happily try it - the pups will eat anything and they mugged me for it, Knoxx liked it and Ayla was indifferent. LOL

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
We just picked up a lickety stik based on all the positive reviews - smoky bacon.
V. definitely likes it; although I haven't mastered the "1 lick" just yet; I'm always afraid that not enough "came out"; so I let her have a few licks :rolleyes:

We're still experimenting with it; but I think it will have some interesting applications; I like TigerLilly's suggestion of using it for heel work.

I also like that is is low calorie; even though I am cheating with extra licks.

blacknym

Experienced Member
liked the lickety stick but it is hard to find. i am on transit and dont have a credit card. LOL