Lickety Stik... Found A New Training Treat

Dlilly

Honored Member
I got a bunch of free samples from a pet expo last fall. I think they are very useful for luring. I used it to teach Shiloh paws up, and a few other tricks. Shiloh LOvEs it! If it was a bit cheaper, I would definitely buy some more!

running_dog

Honored Member
We sometimes use tubes of soft cheese, we have to buy suitable flavours (no chives, and the ham is too salty), but we can buy it in cheaper shops, the dogs love it, it's fit for human consumption (well before the dog licked it anyway)... it might be worth checking whether you can get something like this as a cheaper alternative.

sara

Staff member
Apparently they dont sell these in Canada. The ingredients look great too!

I've never been able to find the squeeze tubes of cheese, but I have used pate and Kong Stuffin'

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I use tube cheese for Zara when we are trying to teach her to give after fetching.
Did this with Bella too.
Also helps with Zara's snatching problem as she has nothing to snatch only to lick.

LeviTheOutlaw

Thanks those are all great ideas. What I especially liked about the lickety stik was that it is very low in calories. The vet told me Levi is a little over weight and to try and cut back on his food intake some. With all the training we do, he gets so many "treats". I have been mainly using his dog food for treats. It works fine except when I go to feed Xena dinner, and he doesn't get anything cuz he's eaten it all during training.... he gets upset that he's not getting a bowl of food too.

Amateur

Experienced Member
Levi ... if you have someone else in the house .. I get the hubby to take one dog out for a pee so I can feed the other one when something like that happens

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
That Lickety stick looks so clever! Brilliant! This could make a great change up for my dog's treats! My dog finds having his treats/rewards changed up now and then more interesting.

I make almost all his treats, homemade from scratch, doesn't take any longer than baking a batch of cookies every few weeks, and my recipe is all healthy, and economical and my dog loves it. I keep his treats raisen-sized to help reduce fullness.
but that stick would make a fine change up for him!! thanks!!!

Dogster

Honored Member
It IS a clever idea!!!!!!:) I'll stick with my regular treats though. It's kinda big....:ROFLMAO: I'm more old fashioned.

sara

Staff member
I just mostly use their dog food, or hot dogs, if they're going to be working in a distracting environment.