Lets Make Mary K Into An Awesome Stress-free Dog Photographer

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Evie:) Yes, you've explained it well and LOL in that 2 seconds you're so right Ra is over the other side of the yard!

I'll practice that tomorrow, bit too late tonight:sleep: Sleep well, pity it's work tomorrow and thanks for taking the time when you're tired. Nite Nite:sleep:

MaryK

Honored Member
Photos will be going up sometime tomorrow, Saturday (my time). Bit exhausted tonight but YEAH we're back to full turbo speed broadband now:D

Going to try later tomorrow to take some more, had a very busy week so missed the 'crucial' times sunset (not quite up) and sunset (still out and about).

MaryK

Honored Member
O.K. off snail speed, here's a Ra Kismet overload:D

My favorite, caught him just licking his lips but didn't realize until I looked in Photoshop

ralickinglipsmyfav.jpg

Mostly dark dog with dark background. See I DO listen:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Caught this as he was 'on the move' after of course his soccer ball!

ramotionafterball.jpg

I think it captures 'his intensity' when after the ball. Not a full scale run though, that would be too blurred!

MaryK

Honored Member
You can see the whites of his eyes plus the dark clouds. The weather wasn't entirely on my side:D

raheadturneddarkclouds.jpg

As you can see this was taken the next day. Ra Kismet is a lot drier. My favorite was also taken the next day:D

MaryK

Honored Member
This one shows just what a soccer loving dog can do to a once respectable lawn. Plus how he gets so muddy. Just think of me having to clean him afterwards!:eek:

Only one too of him full length. The boy's very hard to capture. Have a couple but the eyes were 'weird' kinda green:eek:

rapuddleball.jpg

MaryK

Honored Member
Hope I haven't bored you all with photos of Ra Kismet. And I would REALLY appreciate comments on how to improve my new skills as a dog photographer. I really enjoyed taking these photos (LOL there are a heap more). Going to find some time over the week end to practice some more, looks like it may be fine weather too!

Took over a hundred photos, just kept clicking and clicking! Thank you ALL so much. You've made me LOVE taking photographs of dogs. Must get some of Zeus. LOL MUCH easier, he's into sitting still much more than Rakins:D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Really cute pics, my fav is the one of him standing with his beloved soccer ball in the puddle :love:, that is just too adorable, and just seems to be what I picture to be totally him, from all you've described. :LOL: He's just too cute!! :ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
Really cute pics, my fav is the one of him standing with his beloved soccer ball in the puddle :love:, that is just too adorable, and just seems to be what I picture to be totally him, from all you've described. :LOL: He's just too cute!! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you Jackie. I love that one too but I guess I see him so much like that it's almost too common for me to really appreciate.

I'm so glad you love that one, it does show Rakins as he would LOVE to be shown:D

sara

Staff member
Love it! his eyes turn green because of the flash. on a bright day you can photograph without the flash, and you wont have green eyed monsters (or in the case of blue eyed dogs, red eyed monsters LOL)

Dogster

Honored Member
Great pics!!!!!:D I would take some more pics, like sara suggested, on a brighter day, so you can see him in "full color, without the flash.;)

MaryK

Honored Member
Love it! his eyes turn green because of the flash. on a bright day you can photograph without the flash, and you wont have green eyed monsters (or in the case of blue eyed dogs, red eyed monsters LOL)
I did wonder if it was the flash Sara. Actually it was very overcast and dark that day and I thought the flash was off. But it must have turned itself on because of the darkness, even though it was on sunset! And *blush* I couldn't figure out how to get it to STAY off!

Tomorrow at sunset should be better light, so will try again.

MaryK

Honored Member
Great pics!!!!!:D I would take some more pics, like sara suggested, on a brighter day, so you can see him in "full color, without the flash.;)
Yes the weather sure didn't help me. LOL was so keen to try though and it's good because although I've made mistakes, I am learning from all your advice.

Tomorrow the weather should be more on my side, so am going to take some more. And figure out how to keep the flash off.

MaryK

Honored Member
Jackie Dogster is making me a FANTASTIC background for Rakins page (just got a pm from her showing me what she's doing), so will also put that photo up on his page as yes it does show Rakins as he REALLY is - a soccer loving, muddy, happy dog. Not your dapper dan type like Zeus:ROFLMAO: