Last Night Sundog Helped With The Laundry

SD&B

Experienced Member
The laundry room is just off the master bedroom. She unloaded the dryer for me, bringing me items one at a time. For the first load, I had to go to the dryer everytime and tell her, because she was picking up dirty socks from the dirty pile on the floor, lol. But, for the second and third loads, she was going into the room, reaching into the dryer and pulling out items to bring them to me in the bedroom. By the end of the third load, I would just step and point towards the laundry room and tell her to get me something. I would say she unloaded approximately 3/4 of all three loads. At the end of the third load, I had to move the last few items closer to the door, since she couldn't reach them. Of course, I had to stop and treat for every item, so it wasn't faster than doing it myself. But is sure was more fun than doing it by myself. She enjoyed it so much that, when we were through, she was grabbing clean folded clothes to give to me. I was so proud of her, and we had a great time.

Barney did his favorite laundry activity during that time. He laid on clothes I was trying to fold.

Since Sundog did so much and Barney didn't get the same attention and treats, he and I played "Circus Dog" on the physio ball afterwards. He had a great time.

Dogster

Honored Member
Sounds like so much fun!!!!!:D No more housework for you, LOL.;) I LOVE the laundry trick!!! Shivon needs to learn it so I won't have to do it, LOL.:cautious::LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Love the trick. Sounds like you both had a real ball:D Great that Barney also had some fun too:D(y) Must teach Ra Kismet that trick, much more fun to work with your dog than do it all alone!