KupKakes & Frosting

charmedwolf

Staff member
First, Mix the peanut butter, sour cream and honey together for the frosting. It should have the consistency of thick yet soft frosting. Stick it in the fridge to thicken up more.
Next Combined all the ingredients for the Kake. Flour, baking soda, cooking oil, vanilla, honey, egg and carrots or blueberries if you like.
Pour the kakes into a cupcake pan with papers in them. Act like its cupcakes for the kids.
Then Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. After that cover with the frosting like you would any cake.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Ah, Charmed Wolf, you obviously LOVE your dog!!

But why or why would anyone want to give their canine:

FLOUR, :dognowink:HONEY, BAKING SODA, VANILLA, ETC ETC. Especially FLOUR! So many dog treats contain flour.
NOw i totally believe you are onto something here, sounds yummy enuff and is probably fun to make!!! but maybe send this recipe next door to your human neighbors for a treat for them, but this is not for dogs!!
It actually is kinda fun to give neighbors and friends surprise baked goods. But, most folks DO put flour in their dog treats, if you scroll all the other recipes, many have flour.:dogtongue:

THERE IS NO WAY DOGS NEED FLOUR, EVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRR. NOT EVER. NO FLOUR FOR DOGS! :msngiggle: (Pass the message on!!)

charmedwolf

Staff member
Tiger Lily, Normally I wouldn't give flour to my dogs at all but since I had to bake these (they don't freeze well) I had to add a little. A lot of the recipes I seen similar to this had tons of flour in it like 4 cups worth O.O And like I said it was baked the only thing you could substitute it with would be "spelt flour" or "corn meal" which both I still wouldn't use normally. Even leaning towards spelt flour as it more digestible than either of them and my grain-allergic pup doesn't get a flair up with them though I didn't have any in my cabinet at the time.

Baking soda I also wouldn't normally put but a similar recipe also called for tons so I tried to use the least amount possible without it changing the baking process. It is said to harm HUMANS and ANIMALS in large quantities but it is necessary for baking, there is no substitute.

Cooking oil especially canola or olive has been known to fight hunger in humans and animals. It also helps with increasing circulation, reducing joint tenderness and maintains a healthy immune system. It also gives a nice glow to the coat that might not happen otherwise.

Blueberries and Carrots while mostly for the humans taste are also helpful for the animals. Blueberries have been found to reduce stroke damage in animals and improving and even reversing signs and symptoms of heart disease. Carrots help maintain good vision and can result is a stronger immune system, improved skin & coat, and a reduced risk of certain cancers.

Vanilla has been shown to have a calming effect on both humans and animals alike.
Honey while a sugar is healthy both humans and animals than sugar and has many benefits that most people aren't aware of.

Honey has been proven to help with Cardiac ailments, stomach disorders, gas, foul breath, cancer, helps the immune system, releases inflammation of the joints and arthritis, bladder infections, skin diseases and weight loss.

Eggs are packed with protein, enough said.

Peanut Butter while dogs love it, it's also beneficial to preventing diseases and is said to be helpful for thin, splitting nails and good for the coat.

Sour Cream though a dairy product is said to help the heart in small quantities.

Hopefully, I gave you enough reason for what I put in. I didn't add things because of the urge to add them I assure you! The ingredients added came from the knowledge of my aunt who is into all things herbal and natural, for animals included. I trust her not to harm my pets or her own with her crazy recipes. Any thing else I would most than willingly explain.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Was just reading up on foods to not use in making dog foods...came across this..

"Baking Powder and Baking Soda. Baking soda and baking powder are both leavening agents. A leavening agent is a common ingredient in baked goods that produces a gas causing batter and dough to rise. Baking soda is simply sodium bicarbonate. Baking powder consists of baking soda and an acid, usually, cream of tarter, calcium acid phosphate, sodium aluminum sulfate or a mixture of the three. Ingestion of large amounts of baking soda or baking powder can lead to electrolyte abnormalities (low potassium, low calcium and/or high sodium), congestive heart failure or muscle spasms."

And re: above post.... sour cream, an extremely fatty dairy product, is good for hearts? okayyyyyy. who knew...

probably your recipe does not contain a "large amount" of baking soda...they don't say how much baking soda is considered a large amount....

but really, why risk it? dogs don't care if their Flour Cup Cakes are fluffy...lol!! they won't care if you leave out the flour, the sour cream, the baking soda, they reeeally wont mind, THEY ARE DOGS!! LOL!! they'll still eat it!!

Charmed wolf, i don't wanna hurt your feelings, you sure have a right to feed your beloved dogs what you feel is right, ha, you'd CRINGE if you knew what i used to feed mine, oh you would!! You'd take my dog away from me, lol!!
but i just felt, someone might read this recipe and actually think this is good food for dogs, and maybe a tiny pinch every once in a blue moon is okay and fun treat for dogs, but overall, i just felt i had to say something. sorry. don't be mad. you can still give these to your dog, but i'd want other folks to study up canine nurtition a bit before feeding this to a DOG.

You are right on the blueberries and carrots, yeap, those are okay!! And the honey and peanut butter in small amounts are not bad...i think cannnola oil is good for dogs, some don't, but i am with you on that one. But hope i am not hurting your feelings, I'D LIKE ONE OF THESE CAKES MYSELF!! LOL!! They DO SOUND yummy!!!