Kitten

southerngirl

Honored Member
Sorry to post this because it's about kittens, but I value and trust you guys opinion.
Okay so I'm helping my Nana out with a litter of three kittens her cat Shanaynay had. I'm just charging $10 to get them a good home and to get the mom cat spayed. I was just contacted by someone in Tennesee, I'm in Georgia wanting to pay to ship the kitten to her. It's about a 6 hour drive from me to her. It just seems sketchy to me. Why get a kitten from here when there are hundreds in her area it is kitten season. What do you guys think? I mean I was wanting to meet the person and allow them to meet the cat to see if the cat was right for them. Here is her email she sent me. Should I say that I don't feel comfortable shipping the kitten or do you think I should allow them to have the kitten? I'm really not sure.

I am very glad to read back from you. We reside in Jacksoon TN .I
have 2 lovely kids that adores pet so much the youngest James is 9
year and Eric he's 10 years old and he cherish pet a lot he virtually
spent most of his time with our neighbor's pet i and my husband have
promised him a loving and adorable pet ,therefore myself have been
looking for a lovely pet since last week to adopt for him as a special
gift,we were so glad to came across your advert yesterday and we
decided to write you today to make an inquiry about the pet, it's our
greatest pleasure that you responded back to us,so i want you to
consider my family for the adoption.my husband said he's capable of
the price.
we really would love to have your pet to be part of my loving
family because we don't have any pet that we are rearing for right now
except our neighbor's pet and they will be moving to a new home with
their pet in couple of days,also to let you know our house is wood
fence about 10.95ft high, we have a very large yard where pet can play
and roam around comfortably if necessary.I can assure you a %100
safety and caring home for your pet and i can as well assure you that
i will be sending you the pictures of the pet to you after he/she gets
down to our family so that you will know how much attention we're
giving to the pet,so after paying the adoption fee. concerning how to
get the pet down to us,my husband will handle by sending you a
Certified Bank Check for your adoption fees including the shipping
funds.And your pet will be a special guest of honor on my daughter's
birthday and the shipping agent will contact you tomorrow morning for
the pickup of the Pet as well.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I think if it were me I would just tell them that I'm not comfortable shipping the kitten. They may be a fantastic family, and everything they wrote may be true, but it does seem a little sketchy. Why would you pay to have a kitten shipped to you when I'm sure there is hundreds of kittens near them up for adoption right now? It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe ask them why they are interested in your specific kitten and why they are willing to pay all that money to get him/her shipped to them.

Honored Member
It actually reads like an automated message.
They do not refer to a "kitten" at all, it's always "pet". They talk about the fencing and backyard, it sounds like an email that would cater to adopting a puppy just as easily as a kitten. They do not mention the actual amount that you are charging ($10) just a generic "adoption fee". There is nothing specific in the email.
If I were emailing someone about adopting a kitten I would not go on and on about how special and honoured the kitten would be and never actually refer to the kitten at all. I would at least mention the gender and maybe the colour that I was looking for, and I would probably have other questions regarding the kittens as well.

Also, they seem to have two sons at the start of the email but by the end they have a daughter that's about to have a birthday O_o

I would stay away, it seems like a scam of some sort.

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes definitely sounds very much like a scam - good one Running Dog I always google when in doubt. I too picked up the same points "6" did and the email was written in the same manner the Nigerian Scam ones are, spelling errors, very flowery etc. etc. Had a giggle at the sons and then suddenly up pops a daughter - really overnight????:confused:

No don't send a kitten to this person (s!