Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by southerngirl, Jun 24, 2014.

1. southerngirl Honored Member

Sorry to post this because it's about kittens, but I value and trust you guys opinion.
    Okay so I'm helping my Nana out with a litter of three kittens her cat Shanaynay had. I'm just charging $10 to get them a good home and to get the mom cat spayed. I was just contacted by someone in Tennesee, I'm in Georgia wanting to pay to ship the kitten to her. It's about a 6 hour drive from me to her. It just seems sketchy to me. Why get a kitten from here when there are hundreds in her area it is kitten season. What do you guys think? I mean I was wanting to meet the person and allow them to meet the cat to see if the cat was right for them. Here is her email she sent me. Should I say that I don't feel comfortable shipping the kitten or do you think I should allow them to have the kitten? I'm really not sure.

MaryK and running_dog like this.

2. kassidybc Experienced Member

I think if it were me I would just tell them that I'm not comfortable shipping the kitten. They may be a fantastic family, and everything they wrote may be true, but it does seem a little sketchy. Why would you pay to have a kitten shipped to you when I'm sure there is hundreds of kittens near them up for adoption right now? It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe ask them why they are interested in your specific kitten and why they are willing to pay all that money to get him/her shipped to them.
    MaryK and running_dog like this.
  3. 648117 Honored Member

It actually reads like an automated message.
    They do not refer to a "kitten" at all, it's always "pet". They talk about the fencing and backyard, it sounds like an email that would cater to adopting a puppy just as easily as a kitten. They do not mention the actual amount that you are charging ($10) just a generic "adoption fee". There is nothing specific in the email.
    If I were emailing someone about adopting a kitten I would not go on and on about how special and honoured the kitten would be and never actually refer to the kitten at all. I would at least mention the gender and maybe the colour that I was looking for, and I would probably have other questions regarding the kittens as well.

Also, they seem to have two sons at the start of the email but by the end they have a daughter that's about to have a birthday O_o

I would stay away, it seems like a scam of some sort.
  4. running_dog Honored Member

Ripleygirl, MaryK and kassidybc like this.
  5. running_dog Honored Member

LOL :LOL:
    MaryK and kassidybc like this.
  6. southerngirl Honored Member

Yeah it does sound like a scam with them saying pet instead of kitten and I was wondering why they mentioned a fence when cats can climb.
    And good idea running_dog to Google it I didn't think of that.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Yes definitely sounds very much like a scam - good one Running Dog I always google when in doubt. I too picked up the same points "6" did and the email was written in the same manner the Nigerian Scam ones are, spelling errors, very flowery etc. etc. Had a giggle at the sons and then suddenly up pops a daughter - really overnight????:confused:

No don't send a kitten to this person (s!
    Ripleygirl likes this.