Just Learned Peekaboo

Ina

Awwww... this is definitely next on my list !!! Thanks for sharing.

Just wish I could get my video camera sorted out so to some "showing off" :)

fly30

Experienced Member
The Peekaboo trick, I use it for placing Fly in the right starting position in agility. I say "around" and need nothing else : either I want her to sit between my legs so I leave her space for that, or I want her to sit on my left hand side and keep my legs tight together. So my only word is "around" and she then knows what to do according to the position of my legs. That way, she sits right in the correct trajectory for the first jump.

Jean, your trick is cute. I tried with Fly but never got it right. She's so speed compared with Chase. But maybe I could try again. How do you call it this trick in English ? In French we call it "marche enfantine" : child walk.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
We called it Cop-Cop when we were doing the challenge, but I've never really linked it to a command. ;)

Ina

The Peekaboo trick, I use it for placing Fly in the right starting position in agility. I say "around" and need nothing else : either I want her to sit between my legs so I leave her space for that, or I want her to sit on my left hand side and keep my legs tight together. So my only word is "around" and she then knows what to do according to the position of my legs. That way, she sits right in the correct trajectory for the first jump.
Hi there,

Thanks for telling me this .. I get so excited when we learn a new trick that I don't even think that I will be able to use it in future. Right now I just have to clap the inside of my legs and when he puts his head through I say "Peekaboo". Smokey loves it and does it without treats already because I am so happy to see this little face looking up at me and he can feel my happiness. Seems enough reward for him :-)

I wonder why it's called Cop Cop??? I'll try to teach him to hop on my feet when I wiggle my toes without verbal cue.

fly30

Experienced Member
@Jean ! We got the Cop cop right with Fly !!! I don't even need to touch her, she positions herself on my feet on her own !
So I ask her "around" but when she is behind me, I open my legs bug my feet are tight, so she has no choice, she puts her paws on my feet. I have a treat and hand it over on top of her head so she looks at me, then I open out my feet a bit and we walk. She even understood when I say "on my feet" when her paw slides off ! Thanks for giving me the idea ! I'll try to film that.

sara

Staff member
I've never tried either, but I'm thinking I should teach these tricks to Oliver... he's the only one big enough! (Could you imagine a Dachshund doing Cop-Cop??? LOL) Scout could probably do both tricks, though I think Cop-Cop is a bit out of my creative thinking abilities (gotta figure out how to lure it, and figure out a one handed sign that I haven't used before) But I do want to teach Scout a new trick or 2, She's getting up there in age (7), and needs her mind worked a tad more.

new bear

I've never tried either, but I'm thinking I should teach these tricks to Oliver... he's the only one big enough! (Could you imagine a Dachshund doing Cop-Cop??? LOL) Scout could probably do both tricks, though I think Cop-Cop is a bit out of my creative thinking abilities (gotta figure out how to lure it, and figure out a one handed sign that I haven't used before) But I do want to teach Scout a new trick or 2, She's getting up there in age (7), and needs her mind worked a tad more.
Here are 2 videos on how to teach cop cop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNCTTWSAHHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHWuFb9Lb4Q&playnext=1&list=PLF09632A4A4BD3DDC

Hope they help! :)

sara

Staff member
Ahhh but my issue with Scout is she's deaf, and I need to be able to lure the trick, then figure out a sign I haven't used... I need at least one more hand! LOL

new bear

Ahhh but my issue with Scout is she's deaf, and I need to be able to lure the trick, then figure out a sign I haven't used... I need at least one more hand! LOL
Oh I see...........I thought you are teaching Oliver this trick.

sara

Staff member
Oh I will, I'm not worried about how to teach him cop-cop... It's just Scout whom I think I may have some issues with, though as smart as she is, it's not her limitation, it's mine!

new bear

Yeah, it is really hard to always think of one new hand signal for a trick. I meet with this problem too every time. Sometimes when I put in a hand signal for a trick, my dog may not understand it and I have to think of another one.