JRT Breed

alcastive

Hello, I have a Jack Russell Terrier and wondering if anyone else have this kind of breed, and if it's hard to train this hyper dog, what trick is the most suitable for it :dogsmile:

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I would recommend starting with tricks that involve movement. Circles, spinning, figure 8, backing up, jumps (if your dog is old enough/ not still growing) etc.

Jesse is truly an incredible, talented dog. I hope seeing their videos inspires you and gives you a glimpse of what JRT's are truly capable of! Especially take note of the relationship that he shares with his owner and that they train exclusively with positive reinforcement! :dogbiggrin:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
With that small of a dog, you might want to train him to hit a target on a stick, so you can maneuver him around without breaking your back. :)

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
I don't know if it helps, but I got a 2 month old puppy a month ago and now she is 3 months old. She's a pit and very high-energy. She has to have a walk or doggy wrestling with Buddha (Buddha is my yorkie in my profile pic) to be calm enough for training.