Jasper's Surgery

J

jasper

I have not been here since Jasper had his knee surgeryast week. He is doing fine. His knee cap is like ours and it was not together as it should be so it flip-flopped around and it made him limp a lot and be in a lot of pain. He is just about back to his ole self, thank goodness. His vet said the surgery went very well. I found out that he now weighs 120 lbs just turning a year old. I am so happy he is ok now. :dogsmile:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
How come he needed surgery? Did he fall or something? Glad he is doing okay tho!!!

P.S. The whiteness of your dog looks awesome!

J

jasper

Thanks Emmasmamma! His knee cap was out of place and he could not walk right. His vet said if I didn't get it fixed he would end up with more problems in walking. Where the knee cap is, his vet had me put my finger in the gap and the cap moved back and forth. It was not connected. Strange that the vet said he never had a patient with that but his surgeon said there would be no problem after surgery. Jasper, I guess can't stand the bandages 'cuz he keeps chewing them. I think your Emma is such a pretty girl!!

J

jasper

Thanks.....

for your thoughts of Jasper. Somehow his knee cap was not together and I even felt the gap. It was like the cap was in two pieces and had to be put back together. He is just about getting back to his ole' self....barking!

I don't remember if I told you. We are gettiing an invisible fence for him. I can't wait not that he ran far away but just across the street and that is far enough for me. We did get him one of those chips too in his neck. He is too precious to me to lose. :msnwink:

Debbie :dogsmile:

marieke

If Jasper keeps licking his bandages maybe you can put something bad tasting on them. It might stop him from licking. Glad he's okay now, a surgery is always a bit of a risk.

*sends digital fruitbasket filled with dog treats instead of fruit*

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Dear! Was it caused by an accident, or just some kind of weird freak thing that somehow happened as he grew?
Ah, I understand your predicament!!!! Might I suggest a dog boot to go over the bandages? You may need to spray it with something like bitter apple spray to deter him from chewing it at first, but eventually he should learn to leave it be.
Glad he's doing well!

J

jasper

I happened to have found my opened bottle of apple spray and I will try it. I had to give him his 1 1/2 pain pill as he is limping so much more. No wimpers just very awkward for him and it does looks like he has some pain. He is waiting for me to go to bed so I guess I will crawl into Jasper's bed, lol!

Thank you everyone and have a a great day tomorrow.

J

jasper

Jasper

Hi and thank you for your post regarding Jasper's surgery. He is hobbling away and determined to get and do what he wants. The only thing(s) he is not into are the kitchen sink and his brother, Nikki, the cat. Maybe this will help with those things as he used to be into everything possible. Jasper says HI to Storm. :dogbiggrin: