Is Your Dog Ready For Christmas ?

fly30

Experienced Member
Well Fly is getting ready to welcome father Christmas and she looks very excited. As we don't have a pine tree, we practiced on a little orange tree.

Anneke

Honored Member
She is soooo adorable!!!
I don't think I should try this with Jinx... She tosses everything around, in stead of dropping it:D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH, this is so cute! I loved this, i love the way Fly grumbles and talks while he is learning the cue. At first, i thought Fly had made cute mistake by adding in slippers, then, i realized that is part of the plan of the decoration.

Lol, i am RE-teaching Buddy to put his toys into his toy box, it's been so long and he has a newer toy box now,
so we are pretty much starting over. :ROFLMAO: It is sort of the same kind of thing, but not nearly as cute to watch as this film.

I'd love to teach something like this, but, i spent much time teaching Buddy our tempting looking Solstice Tree is something he can NOT touch, rofl.

fly30

Experienced Member
Thank you for her. What was difficult was the slippers because she wanted to give them to me. Fly brings everything back to me. She finally understood I wanted the slippers under the tree. Fly is an easy going dog. I don't have to think about what she may not learn because I know she won't turn anything into bad behaviour. Makes life easy. Tigerlily, by the way, Fly is not a he, Fly is a SHE :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
sorry! Fly = she! got it!
oh, see, if i reward or encourage Buddy to mouth decorations, he'd believe me, :ROFLMAO: and he'd think it was okay to mouth decorations.

unless i got him his OWN lil set of decorations! ????
Oh, if i did THAT, maybe he could keep the two sets of decorations straight in his mind. Nah, it's not Buddy is trouble maker, he just seems to mostly believe me if i tell him something IS okay to do.:ROFLMAO: I really can't think of anything that he has ever ruined, or even messed around with!...that wasn't HIS. He doesn't even destroy toys either, usually not on purpose. Occasionally, he will kill a toy if he's home alone too too long, or reeeeally bored/frustrated, every once in a blue moon not too often, he'll "kill" a toy (remove some of it's stuffing) but he's NEVER touched one item, not one, that was not his.

He hasn't so much as chewed one shoe or sock or ipod,
hasn't even messed around with anything that was has not been given to him.
(AH........THE JOYS :D:D:D of bringing home an ADULT dog!! :D )

Buddy is not destructive dog at all, very obedient good lil boy, but, if i give him the okay to put something in his mouth, he'll probably think it's "his", lol!

fly30

Experienced Member
I love your drawing :)

Fly doesn't touch things if she is not asked to. She brings my shoes or slippers if I want them but leaves them where they are for the rest of the day. Christmas decoration is where she left it since the video (even the slippers) and she did not even try to touch them. I know this is quite unusual for a dog. I can trust her.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
oh i WISH i'd made that print above, is a card i got from here:

She makes most adorable dog themed art work, cards, prints, cups, tee shirts, all kinds of things! I wish i could find HER own website, which was much easier to peruse than the link above...sorry.

here's another one from her, for this season:

my dog would sooooooooo eat ^that ^mouse...mmmHmm.

Attachments

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol, "mayyyyyyyybe" buddy could distinguish decorations from toys, not sure, not sure, don't guess i'll risk it, lol, especially not breakable ones, i've heard of some dogs who did bite decorations, maybe dog thought it was a ball((?) and got pieces in their throats....
lol, first year we had Buddy, we put zero decorations on bottom foot or two of our Solstice Tree, just to be sure. Now we don't, but that first year, we weren't real sure if he might think they are toy balls all dangling before his lil face! ha ha!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OHMIDAWG!!! That was so so marvelous, Fly!! WOW and WOW, and What a perfect ending!!

THIS VIDEO IS GOING TO GO VIRAL!!!!!!! this will get passed around and around and around, all over the world!! I want to post this on facebook, is that okay?? It's too cute!!!