Is It Posible To Teach A Dachshund To Do The Boiling Cafe?

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Ive seen a trick where dogs put their nose in a bowl of water and blow. Is it posible to teach this to a dachs?! :unsure: It looks like fun. How do you do this?

Dogster

Honored Member
I just taught this to Shivon!!!!! Ok, here's how:

First, put a treat in the bowl of water or under the bowl, and say your command. The dog will stick its nose in the bowl and try to get the treat. Reward as soon as the dog blows bubbles.:)

Slowly remove the treat. When your dog knows the command without the treat, you have taught the dog how to blow BUBBLES!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

southerngirl

Honored Member
I taught Missy this by teaching her to touch the bottom of the bowl without water I did this by putting a treat in the bottom of the bowl than I added a little bit of water at a time with a treat at teh bottom of the bowl when when your dog is blowing bubbles in the bowl add the command than after a few times take away the treat.

Dogster

Honored Member
GREAT video Sara!!!!:LOL: I never knew there was a how-to video on it.... I just saw Paige's (the border collie) video. I didn't know it's taught that way.... I think this way is better for Alf, Vizzla because if you start with water right away, he might not want do it.

sara

Staff member
There are 50 or so videos on blowing bubbles, I just have seen this one before. There are how-to videos on almost every trick in the book on you tube :)