Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grisfaol, Dec 23, 2012.

1. grisfaol New Member

Hi,

I have had dogs for most of my life and have taught them basic tricks - sit, down, crawl, etc. But I recently adopted a ten-year-old Jack Russell who is crazy smart, very treat-motivated, and very interested in learning. I don't want to disappoint him, so I found this site in a quest for "dog tricks". I am excited to read what others have come up with.
    Carolee
    k9 crazed, Dogster, Jean Cote and 2 others like this.

2. MaryK Honored Member

Welcome to D.T.A.!!!!!!:) Kudos for adopting a 'senior' boy who sure doesn't sound as if he's acting like a senior. Awesome he wants to learn tricks and yes you CAN teach an 'old' dog new tricks!!!!!!!!!!! My golden oldie learns new tricks, LOL he doesn't want to be left out when I train my youngster:LOL:

What is his name please? And please post some pics, we all adore pics of doggies:)

Do you use a clicker? It really is an awesome way to train.
  3. jackienmutts Honored Member

Hi and welcome! Seniors have a special place in my heart, I have a close friend very involved in senior Germ Shep rescue, seniors are in such need of help and homes. Thank you so much for giving your guy a second chance. Sounds like he's gonna give you a run for your money and keep you on your toes! I love hearing that! (y) :D Have fun finding new things to teach him ... and learning new things from him. :love: This is a great site with loads of talented people, we'll keep you and him plenty busy! Have fun!!
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

Hi! Welcome to the Dog Trick Academy. There are tons of tricks you can train your Jack Russell. They are amongst the smartest (and most active!) dogs. :)
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  5. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Welcome to DTA!
    MaryK and Jean Cote like this.
  6. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Welcome!
    MaryK and Jean Cote like this.
  7. southerngirl Honored Member

Welcome. That's great that you rescued a senior dog. I would love to see some pictures and what's his name?
  8. Dogster Honored Member

Welcome to DTA!!!!:D It's GREAT that you decided to rescue a dog in need!!:) I don't have much to add.... We'd love to see some more pictures of your dog!!!!
    MaryK likes this.
  9. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Welcome!
    MaryK likes this.
  10. grisfaol New Member

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcomes. The little guy's name is "Milo" and I will try to attach photos. I have two other rescues as well, both female - Alice and Friday. I'm a big fan of older dogs. There is some certainty of acceptance and love that I get from them especially.

I hope everyone is having a warm and happy holiday.

Milo snoozing.JPG Milo snoozing.JPG

Attached Files:

11. Dogster Honored Member

CUTE photos!!!!!!!:love::love:
    MaryK likes this.
  12. Emily Marston Well-Known Member

Welcome to DTA!! Good luck training your new JRT!! Merry Christmas
  13. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you, Milo is just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: Have a Merry Christmas!!!:D
    Dogster likes this.
  14. southerngirl Honored Member

Love to pictures. I love older dogs too, I have my own, Chase my sixteen year old family dog.
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  15. Linda A Experienced Member

Welcome! Love the photo of your senior!
    Dogster, MaryK and Emily Marston like this.
  16. Dlilly Honored Member

Welcome!! I love to photos by the way!
    MaryK likes this.