I'm Back!!

yoyopoodle

I suddenly got really busy with... a puppy! But now that she's all trained (lol) I've got time for the computer again :D

Harmony is now 12 weeks old, and she's a cute little black Standard Poodle. She is a service dog - the first one donated to my program, American Poodles At Work. I've had her since last Wednesday, and she is already up to 30 commands (though most still need some amount of luring/targeting). I think she will be a perfect service dog one day - she is very smart, but *calm*... when we go somewhere, she is not interested in sniffing everything, pulling me around, jumping up on stuff - nope, she just lies down next to me and observes the environment until it's time to move, when she gets up with wagging tail and happily trots along next to me :)

Charlie was a bit jealous at first, and decided that the puppy crate was HIS - and I caught it on film!! Check it out:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=44IcLQDOKFI[/media]

Now he likes her most of the time - especially when they are running around outside. Not many small dogs have enough energy, but Harmony seems to rejuvinate quickly when trying to out-run her brother :dogbiggrin:

-Jillian

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Fully trained at 12 weeks? Holy smokes! :dogsmile: Glad you are having fun with her tho!!!

Cool video, I'm suprised she even fit in there!!!! :)

E

emmasmamma

Welcome back! Cute video. Kinda like a human child who regresses with the addition of a new baby. I've always said that if I ever needed a service dog, I'd want a standaed poodle. Not that I'm partial to poodles or anything!;)

l_l_a

congratulations on your new puppy!! she sounds like she has an exciting career ahead of her!

I liked the video!! It was so funny to see this small crate, then a dog's head emerging and the more and more of this big dog coming out of the small crate you are wondering holy smokes, how much more DOG is in there??

yoyopoodle

Yep, fully trained! :LOL:

Just kidding, but she really is amazing. She is incredibly mature and thinks her actions through, unlike Charlie who, when I say "jump", responds "how high?" as he hovers in mid air waiting until I tell him to "land".

... and just to proove Charlie crammed himself in the crate of his own free-will, I took out the camera and filmed him entering it a second time. He isn't too jealous any more, but still likes to go in sometimes for a nap:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rmrSEEJtuV4[/media]

And here is Harmony:

-Jillian (who will also have a Poodle, if she ever needs an assistance dog)

l_l_a

hehe...there's this street performer in the city where I work, who's been performing on the pedestrian malls for years - he's a contortionist. He's a very tall and incredibly skinny jamaican guy with a big rastafari hat and he is simply amazing! that guy is so flexible he draws huge crowds (both locals and tourists) during the summer on the pedestrian malls because his act consists of him squeezing himself into small boxes or weird shaped containers!! Imagine a guy over 6 feet tall, putting himself into a 20 x 20 inch box and closing the lid!!! The crowds are always so amazed!

Anyway, your video of Charlie putting himself into that small crate made me think of this! Maybe this could be a new career for Charlie...!

heidib860

That was very cute. I was amazed to see Charlie come out that small little crate....and then to see him go in it. :msngiggle:

Charlie looks like a very sweet and intelligent dog. Harmony looks like a sweetie to. Love her collar. :msncool: lots of sparkles

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
That is a nice poodle! If i were to get one it would be a black one also!!! :dogsmile:

E

emmasmamma

Harmony is such a pretty puppy with such a pretty name:dogtongue2: