I'm back!

leema

Hey everyone,

I was here briefly when this site was in its infancy, and it's great to see things are still buzzing here. :) Looking forward to hanging out here again and getting involved once more.

yoyopoodle

Hi! Same story here - just logged in again, and glad to see a bunch of the same 'faces' around :)

-Jillian

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
same story here, i have been gone a while, but, i need to get re-inspired again, to teach Buddy some new things! He is a "bored" collie in the winter....*sigh*.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I am very good thank you! I just came back from a Cruise vacation in the Caribbean after a crazy year of work. ;) How about you? How is Buddy doing? :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
A carribean cruise! shut UP! HA HA. i have a foot of snow out there...sigh.
Nah, seriously, that is WONDERFUL!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
What did you do with the dogs?

Buddy is fine, he CONTINUES to learn new things, sometimes with my help, sometimes by himself, most every week. It is a rare week that i can't spot some new change or behavior in him, sometimes even simple things. Ha, HE did have a lot of 'catching up' to do, with his background and childhood!
He is still working out that not all dogs need to be yelled at,:dogmad: and he probably always will be working that out. But, he improves, his reactions are not as severe, not as frequent, and a lil easier to distract. And he does have some dog friends now, a few he actually LOVES LOVES LOVES to see. He is finally getting some social skills, ha ha!!

Tx Cowgirl gave me some great advice about the calming signal, the "yawn", in the dog world, and i have had some breathtaking results with THAT yawn trick,:msnhugegrin: who knew?

Buddy has put much effort into learning MY language, but, i hadn't learned much of HIS. But, i am learning it NOW!!

but, wow, is he bored in the winter.....:dogwub: I thought i'd peruse the tricks section, to see what i find to teach him now!