If a dog was your teacher

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
(i did not write this, only one or two lines, and i'm sorry i don't know who to credit. I typed this up on Microsoft word, and faded a picture of Buddy behind it for the background, -PM me if u want to know how to do that--framed it and hung it up....looks awesome.):msngrin:

IF A DOG WAS YOUR TEACHER
you would learn things like
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ectasy.

Take naps. Stretch before rising.
Run, Romp and Play Daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back in the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.

Be Loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
Whe someone is having a bad day,
be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

Be grateful for each new day. Find things that interest you,
Be aware of nature all around you, and explore.
Enjoy every moment of every day.

that's what dogs teach us.​

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Nice. :)

I think my dog IS my teacher, I learned so many things since I have her, that I just can't list them all... :D

snooks

Experienced Member
Very true... they teach us a lot. Mine like dog logic for dumb humans.

1. be sure to eat the hairballs mom just swept up so she won't have to pick them up. If you puke later it doesn't count as a bad thing, you had good intentions. try and help eat the puke if you can to be of further help.

2. if mom is trying to stand up and you sit in her lap it helps keep her in place to scratch your backside.

3. if you start mischief when mom is in the bathroom then there is nothing she can do about it for a few moments at least so go for it. if you quit by the time she gets out what can she do?

4. stairways are perfect for ambushing the other dog and great leaping devices. if humans had 4 legs they wouldn't be bothered while you are having fun on the stairs.

5. be sure and eat all spiders you find because mom doesn't like picking them up. even if she's trying to keep you from being bitten you should go ahead and chew it up some. if she reaches in your mouth to remove the sodden half dead spider hide it under your tongue so she won't have to touch it.

6. always bark at the UPS man because he's evil and don't believe mom when she says he delivers all the dog treats. we have no proof of this yet.

7. if you look cute enough you can get away with anything. try doing that trick you didn't learn last week and you can do no wrong.

8. if you step in poop humans are just hopeless and will dunk and scrub your paw. what's wrong with them?

9. always wait when humans want something if there is the slightest chance they'll chase you, it's so much fun.

10. if humans ignore you when you want attention just put your nose different places and you'll find one eventually that will get a reaction. :dogtongue2:

11. if you need a get out of jail free card just wave your paw, lick faces, tilt your head to the side, roll over, and any other tricks you know.

snooks

Experienced Member
New this week

put all toys in front of mom as she shovels snow for a morale booster, she needs fun during work too. also stand in front of her if she gets up any momentum so she won't go too fast with all that ice and slip. lighten the load by grabbing a large piece of ice when you can and run off with it.

lay behind mom when she's loading the dishwasher for moral support. if she falls over you when she turns all the better for face licks

be sure and growl into the dark for no reason at all when mom walks you at night to potty. that way she'll be glad to know that you're on guard duty. mom may peer intensely into the night searching for danger but you know nothing is there.

growl at the wall behind mom's head and stare behind her as she watches TV. this makes the scary movies more scary when the acting is otherwise poor.

put ur chin on the keyboard when mom types on the dog trick academy and you want belly rubs. she'll give up and go rub ur belly because this happens dyegewgegfaewgfgyuefgkdcgydyu

Why do I feel like I'm living in a Marmaduke comic strip-and to think I used to wonder where he came up with all his ideas. :dogtongue2:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
xDDD -rolling- Very cute Snooks. Marmaduke has always been one of my faves. ^^ Keep them coming....you know this would be a great daily/weekly blog???

snooks

Experienced Member
I'll be sure and tell the girls they have permission to drive me insane so I can share. :doghappy:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Wow, those ARE good ones, Snooks, i'm still laffin! Oh thanx, i needed a good belly laff!!
Ha, the one about growling behind your head, BHA HA HA!!
Reminds me of one time, my old dog, Toby, did this. Years ago, We had JUST PLANTED a row of evergreens, so Toby wasn't much used to the new wall of green there. It's night time, and i turned on the outside lights to set up a soaker hose at the trees. I turn around, and there is my giant dog, 130 pounds of a growling menace stalking me, headed right at me, with the scariest face, teeth bared, crouching, now running....right at me!!! Terrifying.

Now, mind you, Toby is old, crotchedy from disease and pains, and not 100% right by then, and i'm thinking he is fixing to attack ME!! My heart is in my throat, and i start talking calmly to the dog, ----has he really lost his mind?!! Is he going to kill me ?and trying to think will the neighbors hear me before he gets my throat, or what?
Toby runs right past me and has at MY SHADOW!! Wow, was HE surprised, no one was there!!

Toby looked for a long time in those new trees, trying to find that figure he saw sneaking up on his mommy. Took me a while to realize it was MY SHADOW on the new wall of trees that freaked him out!! The wall of trees was brand new, he couldn't see super well anyway, and thought some sinister being was sneaking up on me!!
But i got to appreciate how terrifying my dog could be if he wanted to be!! I was so touched, he was trying to protect me, not kill me!! Bah ha ha!!
Maybe your dog sees your shadow, too?