I Need Your Help.

rouen

Experienced Member
Today at work my General manager brought in a young aprox. 1 year old chihuahua mix. Typical of small breeds, she's a nervous wreck. Until today she's probly only known her crate and the house she lived in, she'd never been outside, let alone a pet store.
My GM has no experience with fearful dogs. I didn't hear her growl but I did see her get that still quiet look typical of a fear biter. I'm doubting this dog will be with her long as she had a rambunctious 3 year old, and fearful dogs generally dont handle small kids well. She's also likely preggers, her teats are swollen at the base like she's starting to produce milk but she's skinny.
I told her I was going to flood her FB page with videos of CC&D(she was going to cesar millan the poor pup :mad: ). But I'm having trouble finding CC&D videos of small/toy breeds with social fear issues.
I have found this one, which is pretty good.
Anyone know of any others?

rouen

Experienced Member
Thanks jackiemutts, I shared that one with her. It would be helpful if they were small dogs but they dont have to be. A good body language video would be helpful too, I've only been able to find seminar videos with graphs, or dominance theory videos on body language. The dog throws so many calming signals and my GM is oblivious.

rouen

Experienced Member
I got an update yesterday, the pup bit my managers 11 year old and her 3 year old. After the dog bit she said she yelled at her. I tried to explain that the dog didn't do anything wrong and yelling at her wont do anything to remedy the situation. She's sorta trying to pawn the dog off on her family too. :sick:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Will she work with a trainer/behaviorist? The dog most likely gave all kinds of signals and no one listened (of course the kids wouldn't have a clue) - so finally, it bit. Oooooh, so sorry to hear this. And so instead of trying to do something about the problem, just pawn it off on someone else. Great.

Did she just get this dog, or where has this dog been? Not sure from your original post. And if she just got it, was it from a rescue? If so, it needs to go back. Not be pawned off. So sorry to hear all of this - the whole situation is just sad. I'm sure the kids feel sad (and now scared) being bitten by their little dog, now they probably don't like this scared little dog, it's all just bad. :(

rouen

Experienced Member
Did she just get this dog, or where has this dog been? Not sure from your original post. And if she just got it, was it from a rescue? If so, it needs to go back. Not be pawned off...
The dog came from some people who are basically trying to run a small scale puppy and kitten mill. They had "bambi"(the dog my GM has), and her sister and an unrelated male. The sister was pregnant and it's likely bambi is too. The people were originally trying to sell bambi to the store but we don't take dogs. My GM offered to just take the dog, that's how she ended up with her. She just got her on Tuesday.
It's unlikely she'd work with anyone, even if they offered to help for free. She even told me she only watched one of the videos I sent her. From what I understand the dog is now living primarily in her oldest(16yrs) daughters room so she wont be bothered as much by the toddler or their other dog.

rouen

Experienced Member
Probly after she has this litter. My GM and about 4 people at work are excited about the fact that she may be pregnant.