I Get To Do A Free-shaping Demo

sara

Staff member
With an 8 month old Bull Mastiff next weekend!

At the classes we're going to, the trainer, who is a friend of mine wants me to do free-shaping with one of the dogs in the class. The class needs to see that it's easy, fun and really good for bored dogs LOL, and they so aren't getting the clicker... So I offered to demo with one of the dogs, and the trainer thinks the Bull Mastiff would be a good choice...

It's going to be soooo much fun!!! I get to work with a dog who likes to use his weight to get his own way, and prove to people how easy clicker training is! I think everyone right now is feeling a touch overwhelmed by the clicker.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WONDERFUL, SARA!!!
i bet you will rock at this, as you are so interested in free-shaping. (I probably never would have thought to try it if it weren't for your posts about it.)
I'LL BET YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!!!! WHAT FUN!!

running_dog

Honored Member
How I wish I was in the class :).

I've only seen videos of other dog owners free shaping and done free shaping with Zac... In training classes I've tried here everyone just walks round in a circle, does sit, does stay and the dogs die of boredom. It would be amazing to have a class that included live free shaping demonstrations and encouraged trainers to use clickers.

sara

Staff member
How I wish I was in the class :).

I've only seen videos of other dog owners free shaping and done free shaping with Zac... In training classes I've tried here everyone just walks round in a circle, does sit, does stay and the dogs die of boredom. It would be amazing to have a class that included live free shaping demonstrations and encouraged trainers to use clickers.
I'm on a forum with primarily UK based trainers. I know alot of the people on there talk about trainers who train similar to what we do. You have alot better trainers there than here... I'm just lucky to know this lady who trains similar to me.

charmedwolf

Staff member
You're going to have so much fun with that bull mastiff. And yes, they do throw their weight around.

Tell us how it goes!!