Experienced Member
ok ok may its time for a few hints

Zoë is half border collie- so each parent was half something else
no one has yet to guess one of the breeds
Hank has absolutely no aussie shep/cattle dog nor golden retriever in him O_o
and both dogs are .... oh look ... Monkey Bloons

Dogster

Honored Member
Okay.... So I was partially right about Zoe:D Bernese Mountain Dog, Rottweiler??

Hank- Border Collie??? Pyrenean Shepherd???

I give up.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Well we have been dog people most of our lives and hubby is even a vet and we were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off with Hank - just goes to show you - most of us know squat !:ROFLMAO:

The thing is, depending on which DNA-testing company you used, you could get different results from different companies, depending on what breeds they have in their database. Results are coming back very mixed (and not completely accurate), even as experiments for pure-bred dogs, as when dogs are missing in the company's databases, or are back a generation or two, etc, etc, results are coming back skewed. Hopefully your results are (fairly) accurate - but if you had a pretty good idea (or guess) as to what your dogs were and now the results seem very different to you, you may be closer with your guess than their results, just sayin'. There's a video on Youtube of someone sending in a test on her purebred (with papers) Pittie (who came from a reputable breeder and I think was a show dog), and it came back as some kind of mixed-something or other, no Pit in it. Sooooo....... :confused:. Buyer beware.

Amateur

Experienced Member
Oh we realise the pros and cons of the tests
but it was all in good fun

3/4 of Zoe was bang on with a little surprise - I would love to show it to the mother dogs owner to see what he says about the "surprise" breed

and we knew hank was a big ole mutt but with such a mix he is bound to look/behave and be something different to everyone.

I used the Wisdom panel for mixed breeds so they have about 190 breeds in their data base
would love to try all the different companies but who has the money for that.

all in all it was great fun

MaryK

Honored Member
Phew!!!!!!!! Interesting mix, you never know what's in a Cross Bred dog!!!!!!!!!!! But the main thing is they're both GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anneke

Honored Member
:D I would have never guessed rottweiler or husky in Hank.
I know it doesn't make a difference, but I would have loved to know what breeds were in my rescue(Shane he lived to be almost 17 years) The shelter said he was a New Foundlandmix, but he was knee high and only had the colour of his coat in common. In his behaviour he was more like a border. Smart and high energy, never running straight lines, always in a circle(as if he was herding)

Amateur

Experienced Member
Like I said before ... Zoe I think was bang on ... at least for the boarder x lab part
we thought she must be from real working class border with her behaviours - so I am thinking the surprise could be very well right.

With Hank yes it was a surprise but those values could be still so low ( all we know is they are > 9.56 % ) so you wouldnt really see dominant characteristics.
My hubby did remind me that I once said Hank looked a little Husky - In hind sight and yeah we could be reading it cause we know the results - but his little tank body does resemble a tubby Husky. He does have some hearding behaviours - we just thought it was aussi due to the colouring mostly. As for the rotti and shep - I've seen big babies in both those breeds so who knows. I will say the first time I saw Hank he had the same look as my collie x shepherd - a sweet face

I am happy with the results !