How To Use Shockcollars ;)

Dlilly

Honored Member
Before I watched the first video, I thought he was going to throw it in the trash. He did something even better!!!

I want to make a video like this! =D

Dogster

Honored Member
LOVE the use of shock collars in the first video!!!!! I would buy one just for the pleasure of doing that!!!!:ROFLMAO: The second video was HILARIOUS!!!! They kept screaming and laughing???? at the same time!!! Some of the people fell over in pain on level 1....????:eek: WHO WOULD USE THAT ON A DOG!!!!?!?!:eek::mad: :mad: Anybody who is EVER thinking of buying a shock collar for their dog should watch that video first.:)

Anneke

Honored Member
LOVE the use of shock collars in the first video!!!!! I would buy one just for the pleasure of doing that!!!!:ROFLMAO: The second video was HILARIOUS!!!! They kept screaming and laughing???? at the same time!!! Some of the people fell over in pain on level 1....????:eek: WHO WOULD USE THAT ON A DOG!!!!?!?!:eek::mad: :mad: Anybody who is EVER thinking of buying a shock collar for their dog should watch that video first.:)
That's exactly why I posted it.:D These people knew where the shock came from, but a dog won't know what hit him! It's just plain abuse!!

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I shared it on Facebook! It's hilarious! And the other one is pretty good, shared it too :D. Hope it creates some awareness. My teacher is all against them with only one exception: if the dog is having a life threat (poisoning threats, somewhat common here), he can't be re-located to a new house, and the owner can't train him (or is not interested... you know how some owners are, they don't care about their dogs). I guess wearing this for a short time is better than death, but it's pretty sad :(.

charmedwolf

Staff member
Omg I shouldn't of laughed that hard at the second one. That's pretty much my friends and I when we play soccer. I guess it's just luck none of us have shock collars or we would be in trouble :ROFLMAO:.

I found it great to see the differnt reactions from the different players. The one player screamed on level 1 but the goalie on the left side got hit with a level 6 and just twitched his leg.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I loved the second one and couldn't stop laughing. People who use shock collars on there dogs should watch this so they can realize they are hurting there dog. I agree with cwolf, it is interesting to see that the shock hurts some more than others, I'm sure it's the same for dogs. Sadly there are probably owners who shock dogs on level 6 who are more sensitive to it. I wish shock collars were illegal.

sara

Staff member
I loved the second one and couldn't stop laughing. People who use shock collars on there dogs should watch this so they can realize they are hurting there dog. I agree with cwolf, it is interesting to see that the shock hurts some more than others, I'm sure it's the same for dogs. Sadly there are probably owners who shock dogs on level 6 who are more sensitive to it. I wish shock collars were illegal.
They are in Wales, hopefully other countries will follow suit!

southerngirl

Honored Member
I agree with you dogcazy my aunts dog had a choker, my little cousin tied her out on the porch when they went somewhere when they came back the dog was dead, she chocked to death:cry: (it was not my cousins fault she was only 5 her parents should have made sure the dogs where inside and safe.) Another incident with a chocker happened with my neighbor who keeps his dogs on chains:mad: The dog was in an encloser with a chain on, the dog jumped over the fence and chocked to death.:cry:

Dogster

Honored Member
I also HATE HATE HATE:mad::mad::mad: Prong collars!!!!! Arrgh, HORRIBLE!!!!!!:mad: They dig into the dog's skin. I've heard of dogs where the prong collars dug in SOOO deep that they were stuck in the dog's skin.:mad::mad:

running_dog

Honored Member
LOL the sledgehammer!

When I was desperate with trying to make any progress with Zac's chasing I thought some kind of aversive collar might be the only way - but I knew that a dog with high prey drive might well hunt all night with a pad sliced off or a slit belly and give no sign of it so could pain/aversives really help stop such a dog hunting?????

It wasn't until I looked at MY behaviour and Zac's interpretation of it that I could understand why systematic well communicated positives would work.

It would be so much better if aversive collars were not there as an option and then people would HAVE to look beyond the seeming easy option and think about communication and how they can better explain things to their dogs.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with smashing it, but am I the only one who thought pieces from that rock/collar could fly into the dog's eyes? Maybe it's my stone carving days keeping me cautioned for things like that. ;)

Dogster

Honored Member
Oh yeah..... you're right, Jean!!!! I thought the guy was going to put the collar on the dog at first, but when he started to smash it, I forgot about the dog.O_o I hope he/she was at a safe distance and didn't get hit.:)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i worried about it, too, and i had noticed,
in the comments under this video on youtube,
the guy in the video adresses that very concern,
and said a volunteer took the dog further away during the smashing of the collar.