How Do You Get Your Dog To Be That "into You"?

running_dog

Honored Member
Really nothing more to add to this, a relationship is always a work in progress. Excellent videos Running dog! Good to see you back, we've missed you!!
Thanks Jakienmutts, I've missed you too. I hope Makena and Alfie are okay, it seems like a lot of dogs and people have disappeared in the last year :(.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Mary :). My current vet is absolutely superb regarding the health of my dog but he sends his own dogs to kennels run by an old school dog trainer - a trainer who told me Zac and Gus were dog aggressive (in reality Gus is reactive and Zac plays rough).

It seems a pity to let lack of training keep all pet sight hounds on leash for life. Jean Cote was told he would never be able to let Onyx off leash because "Siberian Huskies can never be let off leash", he believed differently and put in hours of necessary training and was finally vindicated. As Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right."
Vets are at times the oddest of people:)

I agree and had to wonder at the time I was told how on earth you worked a dog in the field but it would 'recall' umm contradictory to say the least.

That's one of the things I love about this forum, you're always learning, erroneous beliefs corrected in the nicest way, grand to know that sight hounds can be allowed off leash, with like all dogs, the appropriate training.