How Can I Tell My Dog That I Don't Wish To Play Anymore ?

alcastive

Hello ppl,

My JRT can't stop playing she always bark at me when i don't play with her and she always want to play! after a walk, eating, having cookies TRAINING ! while she should rest she wants to play! and i'm tired sometimes so how can i deliver the message to my dog ? that i don't wish to play for the meantime, is there a way or i'm doomed to play with sasha forever ? O_o

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Go sit down, ignore your dog and yawn a few times. That's dog language for I don't want to play. ;)

sara

Staff member
That's what I do. I wave Ollie off and ignore him. he always got the hint. but I dont ever react once I'm done playing, I dont let him goad me into paying attention to him.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Maybe give him a cong with peanut butter or something that will result in him laying down to chew. This way he will learn that you are not going to play with him and what he should do instead. You could also give him the toy in his crate to inforce the idea that it is quiet time and the kennel is a place to be calm.

alcastive

Oh man the Kong stuff are great! but i cannot find a toy for sasha (most are big toys that i found) the small ones are out!