Hot Spot Voodoo

sara

Staff member
Ollie has a hot spot on hind foot again the bugger. I use Vet's Best hot spot foam (tea tree oil and such in it), then spray the area with bitter apple. if he opens it up (bloody) I'll bandage it then spray the bandage. seems to work. he's had hot spots off and on his whole life.

MaryK

Honored Member
Zeus was the worst dog for hot spots and allergies in general (any time of the year). Only thing which has kept his troubles away was the DOGtorX Formula. It worked wonders. It's completely natural, so you cannot overdose, and works on other areas too. Zeus also has Cushings and it's working on that better than the very expensive vet's medication.

Couldn't live without it! Hot spots stopped itching from the first tablet, redness vanished and fur grew back faster than I could believe. Further the dogs do not become immune to it, which they can to other medication (Nothing worked on Zeus in the end before changing to DOGtorX formula).

Plus the dogs LOVE the tablets and think they are being given a treat rather than medication. My boys only have to hear the 'rattle' and they're there, sitting like angels waiting for their 'treat'. Ra Kismet has it too, to prevent later life disabilities to his joints etc. as he's such an energetic dog, does tricks etc. Prevention is better than cure

It's available world wide and is the TOP selling dog product.

Amateur

Experienced Member
so does DOGtorX work on his allergies or the hot spot ...
Hank doesnt have allergies it looks like the hot spots started when he gets bit by a bug

MaryK

Honored Member
so does DOGtorX work on his allergies or the hot spot ...
Hank doesnt have allergies it looks like the hot spots started when he gets bit by a bug
Zeus manages both:( . Hot spots and Allergies and it works on both. Found it cleared hots spots really fast. The redness went the first day, fur grew back very quickly as it appears to heal without scabbing. I was stunned to say the least. Zeus' hot spots just seemed to kinda 'vanish'. People who saw them couldn't believe the difference and nor could I.

Not saying it always works this fast, all dogs are different, but speaking from experience, it does work on hot spots.

MaryK

Honored Member
Also, Zeus suffers from Cushings, which plays havoc with a dog's coat ( it literally falls out by the handfull goes all 'mangy' and with big bare patches all of which have vanished now) and also makes anything like hot spots and allergies even harder to fix. His coat has NEVER looked better, it's softer and very silky since he's been on DOGtorX formula.

Dogster

Honored Member
Aww, all the poor doggies...:( Hank and Brody have to weaar the dreadful cone of shame, poor babies.:( I hope their hot spots clear up soon.

Amateur

Experienced Member
Hank doesnt really mind the cone of shame ... he cooperates fully when I put it on so I dont feel so bad ... would love to try one of those rigid neck collars to see if they work as well so he doesnt keep bumping into things though.

Trouble with hots spots though is you take the collar off too soon then ugggg he has licked and started it all over again.