Holly & Trigger

Holly

Hi there,

Im Holly and my Gorgeous 5/6 month old resue lurcher is Trigger, I recently rescued him from his 4 week stay in Kennels after he was found straying in North Lincolnshire. We are on day 2 with him now and he is fantastic, takes to training brilliantly, walks perfectly on the lead and has become a much loved member of our family.

Hope to get to know some more tricks here to use once i've trained him basic obedience training and a few extras!! You never know, I may one day be able to teach him how to wash the dishes!!

xxx

Dodge

Hello there and a warm welcome to you,sounds like your Trigger has landed on all four paws with you:love:
Is that one of his ears sticking up in your avatar,how gorgeous!!! Have lots of fun teaching your babe,looking forward to get to know you (y)

running_dog

Honored Member
Welcome and...

Hooray, there's now another lurcher on the site! There must be 3 of us now (out of 11,668), look out everyone, the great lurcher takeover has begun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Trigger's the same age as my lurcher was when I got him and looks a little bit like him too. I hope you have lots of fun with Trigger, there are loads of great ideas on this website, it's great!

By the way, if this is your first lurcher... try not to let him chase anything unless you want it for dinner...:LOL:, lots of lurchers never learn to kill but the more often they chase the more likely they are to learn. Some kill straight away, you won't know which you have yet. If a lurcher has chased something even ONCE it can be a lot harder (impossible?) to teach them it is off limits. Sorry if you know this already... I've learned it the hard way. Zac brought a hedgehog into the house last week... he was MOST upset when his new prickly ball had to go back in the garden and was allowed to uncurl and walk away :D.

Also it might be worth looking up the article "who is training your dog" by Collieman (?), it's very good, you'll find it in the library section, I wished I'd read it before I first let Zac off lead. Sorry I'm getting carried away... just have fun with your new dog and enjoy the website:).

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! Check out the classroom sections for tips on clickertraining and getting into tricks with your new dog.

He sounds awesome! I must say, Canadians dont know what Lurchers and Longdogs are... but I frequent a mostly UK forum, so I've been educated to the intricacies of the Lurcher/Longdog! LOL They're beautiful, and awesome dogs!

abby_someone

Welcome to DTA! I love rescue stories. I am very happy for you and your family.
Zac brought a hedgehog into the house last week... he was MOST upset when his new prickly ball had to go back in the garden and was allowed to uncurl and walk away :D.

Also it might be worth looking up the article "who is training your dog" by Collieman (?), it's very good, you'll find it in the library section, I wished I'd read it before I first let Zac off lead. Sorry I'm getting carried away... just have fun with your new dog and enjoy the website:).
The story of the hedgehog cracks me up!:ROFLMAO:

Lexy88

Welcome! Cute dog! There is a section in the 'classroom' for basic obedience tips :)