Hi :)

CarmenR

Hi everyone. I am new here and from Australia. I have been snooping the forums for a bit now and finally got around to creating a account. I am totally amazed at how many awesome tricks you have all taught your dogs (those trick lists are so long!).

I have a twelve month old Australian Kelpie/BC mix called Luna, she has started my interest in training dog tricks. She also does formal obedience and I hope to enter her in obedience trials this year as well as start agility. I'm also a bit of a rookie with all this training stuff but have learnt so much just from reading posts by others on here.

Attachments

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!!:) Luna is adorable, I especially love her markings!!!!:love::love: What tricks does Luna know? I think Luna will excel at trick training! Soon your list will be as long as our lists, I bet!!:D Enjoy the site!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome!!!!!!!!!:) Luna is a very pretty little girl, and I just love her name:love: Teaching tricks isn't hard, so soon Luna will have a wonderfully long trick list:)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome! You've got lots of energy there, with a Kelpie/BC, wow! :eek::LOL: My bet, Luna will excel at anything she puts her mind to. Have lots of fun with her, and once she catches on to trick training, I bet her list grows really quickly!

CarmenR

Thanks guys! Yes she is starting to catch onto trick training, she learnt speak :D today and we are now working on dunking a mini basketball into a mini hoop. Just a quick question is it ok to work on multiple tricks simultaneously (not in one session, but do sessions on different tricks in a day)?

And yes she does have a lot of energy but she has an excellent off switch so snoozes most of the day (but she ALWAYS has enough energy to run and run and run and run, and then run some more). I think of her as a battery that is constantly charging haha. It's great though cos she is never too tired to come on adventures with me :)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Thanks guys! Yes she is starting to catch onto trick training, she learnt speak :D today and we are now working on dunking a mini basketball into a mini hoop. Just a quick question is it ok to work on multiple tricks simultaneously (not in one session, but do sessions on different tricks in a day)?
Yes, working on multiple tricks in different sessions is fine. Just don't overload her with too many in the beginning. :) She looks like she's a great trickster already though, so I'm sure you won't have any problems!

And yes she does have a lot of energy but she has an excellent off switch so snoozes most of the day (but she ALWAYS has enough energy to run and run and run and run, and then run some more). I think of her as a battery that is constantly charging haha. It's great though cos she is never too tired to come on adventures with me :)
Missy is the same way. If I want to do something with her, (take her for a walk, to the park for a run, etc.), she's always ready to go no matter what! Only thing is: she chases cars so I don't take her off leash yet... but I am working on teaching her to leave them alone.

Enjoy the site! I'm sure you'll find lots of tricks to teach Luna on here. :)

Mutt

Experienced Member
Again welcome to DTA :)
multiple tricks in different sessions is fine, though it is easiest for the dog if they aren't to similar (teaching looking left and looking right at the same time if they aren't proofed yet will probably make it only harder for the dog).
Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask questions!