Hi

daggel

my name is dagmar and i am from holland. i have a 15month old stabyhoun /dutch breed/

i like to learn more about training dogs. and i hope to read and learn more here

Anneke

Honored Member
Hi Dagmar!Welcome to DTA! You will find a lot of tricks and tips here.
I"m from holland too;)

running_dog

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA! I'd never heard of a stabyhoun before.
I just googled them, they look GORGEOUS! Maybe you could post a picture of yours on here - I'm sure there'll be lots of people like to see it!
Are you hoping to do any dogsports like flyball or agility?

heidio

Hi daggel, welcome to DTA. If you want to learn more about training you've definately come to the right place. Very supportive, helpful, and inspiring site. There are some wonderful trainers on here that are very helpful.

daggel

after basic training we are going to start with hunting training in september. i wanted to do agility but he is an huntingdog and his interests are more with hunting so i changed my expectarions.

running_dog

Honored Member
Your dog is a real beauty.

I'm not all that keen on hunting (I always feel sorry for the hunted animal) but my dog has no such scruples :). Dogs are often at their happiest when they are doing what they were bred for so I'm glad you have "listened" to your dog. Maybe he'd enjoy working trials too? that might give you some of the competitive element?

There is lots of information about training on here in the forums and the classroom but you might also be interested in Sue Ailsby's website as it breaks down basic training into very simple increments and levels that seem to make a lot of sense.

daggel

well we will just stick to hunt on frozen dead animals... im not that keen on the real fieldwork eather...

i will check the site. thank you. i am now waching kikopup often on you tube