Hi Nice To Meet You All.

jo1974

my name is jo and i have a staffordshire bull terrier called sasha. she is four years old. we have just started doing dog agility. she needs a little bit more training on the obed ience front though.
:):):)

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!!!:D Wow that's great that you've started agility!!!! I love dog agility, I think it's a wonderful sport for the dog and the owner. :)

You mentioned that she needs more obedience training. Is there anything we can help you with??? There are many wonderful members here that give GREAT advice and tips.:) Enjoy the site!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome:D Yes, you sure are in the right place for help. People here are only too willing to help and believe me, they KNOW what they are talking about(y)

I'm about to build my boy a home agility course, have done agility with other dogs in the past and it's HEAPS OF FUN:D Fraid we don't have a school nearby which does agility work, so it's home training for my boy.

Please post PICTURES of your lovely Sasha:):)

Ariel

Experienced Member
Agility is such a wonderful sport that exercises both the mind and bodies of both handler and dog. I've been doing agility training with both of my girls. Kismet especially seems to show a real aptitude in it.

curls139

Hi Jo :) welcome welcome to another staffie owner - we have a staffie x amerian bulldog rescue called Russell. Is it your first staffie? How long have you had her, Staffies are great workers and seem to really enjoy training. I'm fairly knew to the site and everyone has been AMAZINg with tips and support so far. We've taken Russ to a 6 week basic obedience course and picked up lots of tips along the way about working him in a group environment and dealing with his strength/ if he gets too bouncy in the early stages. He is probably larger than sasha considering she is a pure staffy and a little lady - but if you need any tips about luring/ best ways to teach roll over/crawl/how to fetch like a collie! etc that may not come so naturally to some bull breeds I bet we'll be able to work it out together! Staffies are clever dogs and great learners so Im sure Sasha wil be aamazing at obedience. I'm exited for pictures of your little girl :)

sara

Staff member
hmmmn, I seemed to have missed this! LOL

Welcome to the DTA! Staffies are such adorable little dogs! I wish we saw more of them here. It's all their larger cousins around here :)

Enjoy the forum!