Hi, new guy here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by eduardod, Feb 29, 2008.

1. eduardod New Member

Hi, I recently started clicker training my dog Hashibufu and the results are amazing :dogbiggrin:, though I had a lot of questions about certain behaviours, its so funny because I used to train dolphins with a whistle and I never got results as fast as with my Bufu (one of his nicknames :msngrin:) are dogs smarter than dolphins??? hahahahaha I guess it's the human that has to be a smart trainer, and this is the Buffs (another nickname for him:msngrin:)

2. Jean Cote Administrator

:welcome: to the Academy!

I think dogs might want to please a lot more than a dolphin!!!! :D Must have been fun to train dolphins, I swam with some in Venezuela, it was cool! But they feel like rubber :)
  3. leema New Member

I think dogs are more inclined to work for us than dolphins. :) Dogs have also been selectively bred to read human body language better. (Studies between wolves and dogs show that dogs just understand people better!)

Welcome to DTA. :)
  4. szecsuani Experienced Member

Welcome aboard!:LOL:

Just like Jean said, training dolphins must have been really fun.:msngrin:
  5. heidib860 New Member

Welcome aboard,

This is a great place for training.
  6. madzoe New Member

I've tried clicker training and have started it again with our new puppy. Springers seem to get things very quickly so the clicker is just moot with them. But I'm going to try.
  7. eduardod New Member

thanks guys :) glad to be here too!, yeah they feel like rubber hahahaha thats because they shred skin about 8 times a day
  8. sammy1 New Member

Where did you train dolphins ?