Hi, I'm New Here!

milesfullofsmiles

I discovered this site when I was looking for tricks to teach my 4 month old tri-colored Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup, Miles. I'm excited to be involved with this site and it has so many great tips. I got Miles about a year after my first Corgi, Tod, died of cancer at just barely 4 years old...We adopted him from a Corgi Rescue agency when he was almost a year old. He was bright red and white. I still think about him every day; I know he would have had so much fun with Miles :). Even though he was so young when he passed, Tod had a tremendous impact on my family and I. He will always hold a special place in my heart. I see him in Miles all the time; the way he plays and the spots where he likes to lay down, and the weird corgi sounds he makes are surprisingly similar to Tod's! He is a little bundle of energy, and VERY smart, maybe too smart for his own good. :) At only 4 months, he knows sit, down, heel, stay,'watch me', 'are you shy?', and 'give me your paw' (shake). I'm in the process of teaching him 'spin'.

When we first got him:

Now, a few weeks later:

Stubby Corgi legs!!

Can't decide: sofa or table?

Wow, he is growing fast! He is already 4 pounds heavier, and 6 inches longer than when we first got him!

bekah1001

Honored Member
I think Im dying of cuteness overload!!! He is such a model:ROFLMAO: ! Welcome!!!! I love your name, Milesfullofsmiles...cute!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW 'BABY' THERE!!
WHAT AN ADORABLE DOG!! Now, that pup could not be any more cute if you wanted him to be. Just a cute overload there!!
and that is an impressive trick list for a puppy! You are doing something right!! wow!

I also understand about loving a new dog, while you still partly miss another late dog. Some things were the same with my late dog and my current dog,
yet, so many things not the same, at all. Even a few opposites.:ROFLMAO:
It was fun getting to know my new dog, (not a new dog to me now, though) cuz he is a character and a half..
that baby dog of yours is still growing and developing, he might grow up to be a reeeeal character, too!:ROFLMAO: Sounds like you might have a lil einstein on your hands there!!

milesfullofsmiles

WELCOME!! AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW 'BABY' THERE!!
WHAT AN ADORABLE DOG!! Now, that pup could not be any more cute if you wanted him to be. Just a cute overload there!!
and that is an impressive trick list for a puppy! You are doing something right!! wow!

I also understand about loving a new dog, while you still partly miss another late dog. Some things were the same with my late dog and my current dog,
yet, so many things not the same, at all. Even a few opposites.:ROFLMAO:
It was fun getting to know my new dog, (not a new dog to me now, though) cuz he is a character and a half..
that baby dog of yours is still growing and developing, he might grow up to be a reeeeal character, too!:ROFLMAO: Sounds like you might have a lil einstein on your hands there!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Miles seems to always want to learn a new trick, he gets grumpy if we don't stimulate him.:D And yes, every dog has different quirks, that's what's great about them! Miles likes to 'talk'. If I'm cuddling with him and say 'mama' he will say it too!

milesfullofsmiles

Hi and welcome!!
Aaaw, What a cutie!!
I love corgi's. They are natural teddy bears:D Great personality too!
Thank you :) Yes, they are like teddy bears, and Miles even sounds like a bear! I was just thinking that when I read your post! I love Australian Shepherds, and have always wanted one. Cooper and Jinx are beautiful! For some reason I seem to be drawn to dog breeds from the Herding Group...

Dlilly

Honored Member
That is really impressive for a 4 month old puppy!! I LOVE your profile picture by the way!!

It's great you adopted your puppy!! A lot of people won't rescue because they want a purebred dog and think there aren't any up for adoption, but surprisingly there are a ton of purebred dogs in shelters looking for a home!