Hi, I'm Melissa And I Have A Pug Name Augusta

Augusta

We currently live in Saskatchewan, Canada, and just finished a Starter Obedience Course. We are getting good at the sit or lay down and stay, but it's a big work in progress since Augusta is usually always at my side and does not enjoy staying in one spot as I disappear. We have added "Paw" to our training, which she is responding pretty well to in the last couple days. We are past the resistant part where she would only let me touch her paw for a second to holding it and barely noticing. Yeah!! Progress.

My goal is to learn and train Augusta some hearing impaired tricks, as I am impaired. I don't have any kids yet, but before I do I would love to teach her to let me know if a baby is crying. If you know how to accomplish this, please share!!

sara

Staff member
Welcome! I was born in Saskatchewan, and my family still owns the original homestead up up near Christopher Lake...(wood burning stove and all LOL) I have a boatload of family up there, and am infact realted to the entire town of Paddockwood O_o I'd like to move back there some day, but for now, my job is too good here ;)

I dont have any advice on the service dog thing, but I have 3 deaf dogs (though one moved to Ottawa with my Mom) I tried teaching my hearing dog to go get the deaf ones... We got as far as "Whack Mouse" but never got any distance on the trick, and Mouse never learned to come when "Whacked" LOL So now I have a cute (non useful) trick... LOL