Hi, I'm Doc

doc

and I am owned and loved by Havana Silk Dogs. I got my first Havanese in 1992 and became involved with the Havanese Club of America in 1993...I raised, trained and showed Havanese until 2007 when the Havana Silk Dog was split from the Havanese. The two breeds are distinct and separate breeds, the Havanese being in AKC and the Havana Silk Dog considered a rare breed, registered solely with the HSDAA. While some people say that the Havana Silk Dog and the Havanese are the same, it isn't so. The original Havana Silk Dog was a predecessor of the modern Havanese. The Havana Silk Dog of day is a recreation of that original dog, looks different and is being bred to a different standard. Both breeds are smart, loveable, trainable, and sweet, making excellent therapy dogs and fun dogs for performance sports such as rally and agility...these dogs like to have FUN.:D

doc

Thank you...that is CH Elfin Eye on The Sparrow, aka "Lark", one of my most adorable Silk Dogs. She is the daughter of my Pearlie (CH Feliz Perla de las Antillas CGC TDI) and Max (CH Elfin Just in Time)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! You dog looks cuuuuuuuuuuute, feel free to post MORE photos in a reply, so the photo will be bigger and easier to see!!
And thank you for explaining the differences between Havanese, and Havana Silk Dog. Many sites do lump them together, and it is a lil tricky to spot the difference in standards via online. I had no idea they are two different types of dogs, so thank you!

Do you train tricks?

Anneke

Honored Member
Hi and welcome!

Sorry for the confusion in your other topic. Like I said,over here in holland, the two are not separated and are referred to as havanese and havanese silk dog.
I keep finding there are big differences in recognised breeds in Europe and America/Canada...

But your dogs are georgious!!!