Hi Guys!

OzKelpie

I just found this great site when I Googled dog tricks as I'm looking for ideas for my Complex Skills assessment.

I am currently studying Cert III in Dog Behaviour and Training with an elective in Basic Substance Detection. I am only four months into my course but I have learnt sooo much already!
I live on the southern coast of rural Australia and I have recently (6 years ago) discovered the amazing working Kelpie! I'm hoping to include herding into my bag of skills along with detection, obedience and behaviour training.

Upon qualification I'll be starting a one-on-one private training business and travel around to the surrounding towns in my district. We have no trainers, only one behaviourist, in a 4 hour drive radius!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

You have an awesome goal, and are lucky to be able to attain it! what I wouldn't give to be able to do what you are setting out to do!

Enjoy the forum! I hope you find lots of useful ideas and information!

OzKelpie

Thanks guys :) I'm in the process of helping out my local shelter with giving basic training to the dogs and helping with behaviour issue dogs. I can't wait!!

Lexy88

Welcome!! You are so lucky, I started a degree in animal behaviour but had to pull out when I got pregs and it is no longer available for me. Sounds like youre doing my dream job! :)

abby_someone

Wow! I can't believe I missed this intro. I agree with Lexy, it is my dream job too! Welcome! I can't wait to learn a few tricks from you.

Dodge

:cool:wow,what a dream job you are going to have,the warmest welcome to you,really hope that you will find lots of hints/tips and ideas,the very best of luck to you and your dreams ))fingers crossed(( that everything will work out to (y)(y):)