Welcome to Dog Trick Academy! It sounds like you are keeping your dogs busy... or maybe they are keeping you busy!
It's great that you are working with Orion to train him so many things, I know a lot of husky owners just seem to give up on them or simply don't understand that they are dogs that deserve to have active sports to engage with not just a walk round the park each day.
How do you train your dogs? And what tricks do they know?
Thank you! We keep each other busy (;
And yes, I agree with that, Huskies are super high energy dogs, so I make sure my boy is physically and mentally tired(but happy) at the end of the day.
I train them using positive reinforcement, and clicker training. As for tricks I mix it up between luring and shaping, depending on the complexity of the trick. I reward them with treats, pieces of cheese/chicken or toys/playtime.
Mindy doesn't know as many tricks ar Orion does but she does know how to sit, stay, shake paw, speak, wait for her food, don't touch, jumping over short obstacles(skateboard, short agility posts), jump into my lap, jump through a hoop, and stand on her back two legs.
Orion knows the following(some of those tricks still need a bit of practice though... but he will get them eventually (; ):
2. Lay down
4. Play dead ('Bang')
5. Hike(in mushing, to start running or speed up)
6. Gee(turn right)
7. Haw(turn left)
9. Easy(slow down)
10. Wait for your food
11. Don't touch
12. Wait before you cross the road
13. Weave between my legs
14. Touch my leg with opposite paw
15. Touch my leg with the same paw
16. Get a toy from his toy basket(I figured it would stop him from chewing things if he knew all his toys are in a certain place.. it worked)
18. Say 'I Love You'
19. Say 'Hello'
20. Say 'Oh la la' (this one is really funny and I'll have to record it some day haha=
21. Jump over short agility obstacles(I want to keep them short for now while he's still young)
22. Jump through a hoop
23. Push the skateboard
24. Ring a bell with his paw
25. Ring a bell with his nose(I have a bell hanging by the back door so if he needs to go out, he rings it instead of stratching at the door)
26. Pull the skateboard with a small weight on it
27. Hug my leg
28. Hop up(puts his front paws on my arm)
29. Peek-a-boo(look under my arm after putting paws on it)
30. Jump up onto the bed/couch
32. Put his front paws onto a certain height(a table, a wall etc)
33. Catch treat/toy
34. Protect me(when someone is trying to attack me he will start mouthing their arms. It's controlled though)
35. Walk around me
36. Hop up to me(put his front paws on my chest)
37. Give me a kiss
38. Hop up and give me a kiss
39. Hide and Seek (I hide, he looks for me)
40. Watch me
41. Target things with his paw
42. Drop it
43. Line Out(mushing)
I may have missed a few small ones ^^;
Here is a video of him performing some of these tricks: