Hi from Canada

chakaola

Hi all!
New to the site, and just working my way through it. I have a 8 year old min pin, 3yr Parson Jack Russell, and just adopted a Alaskan Malamute Puppy. Just want to say this is a great site.:msnohyes:

snooks

Experienced Member
Big welcome. Wow what a diverse mix of furry friends. What made you decide to adopt ur Mal. Did you mostly have smaller breeds before and fall in love or other way around. I've had both and am wishing I had another GSD and a smaller dog but then 4 dogs is waaaayy too many. :dogbiggrin:

Glad you're here.

sara

Staff member
chakaola;16735 said:
3yr Parson Jack Russell,
Question: is your terrier a mix between Parsons and Jack or one or the other? Just curious. I've been looking into the differences between the 2 breeds.... there seems to be very few differences between them, tho some people say that Jacks have short legs, and Parsons have long ones... the only real difference i've come up with so far, is that the Parsons Russell Terrier is a recognized breed, and the Jack Russell Terrier is not. Jacks come in many shapes and sizes, and have no "breed standard" but the Parsons has a standard and therefor mostly look alike.... (shape and size). My deaf dog Scout is a Parsons mix I think.... but who knows (she def. doesn't have short legs!)

Oh and Welcome! Scout, Zoe, Oliver and I are in Canada too!:dogbiggrin:

chakaola

I've always had big dogs, and adopted the Mal. 'cause my older Mal. passed away 1yr ago and miss having a big dog around the house. My parson is a pure JR, as far as I know from the breeder. The parson and JR are cousins, Parsons were bred to hunt foxes, and the JR were bred to hunt sm. animals that burrows underground.

snooks

Experienced Member
Sorry to hear about ur Mal going to the bridge. :dogsad: It's been a little over a year since my first Golden went. I have a proclivity for big dogs but the little ones are growing on me lately. This pup Mal looks ADORABLE. Glad ur here.

pomlover

Howdy!!

I just joined the Academy tonight. I have two Pomeranians: Harley will be five years old this month, and Mick is 8 months old. I have taught Harley several tricks, and we have worked up a couple routines which he does at nursing homes, pre-schools, etc. But, I'm looking for some inspiration to learn some new things. Mick is still in the learning mode, but is coming along just fine. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your dogs.

Thanks for putting together this website!

PomLover