Hey

alee

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alee and I live in Nova Scotia, I attend French School, and am very fluent in French and English even though English is my firsy language. I am usually easy to get along with and laugh a lot, I see life as a cup half full, and not half empty. Although I am a girl I love 4-wheeling and reading. I also enjoy Hiking with my dog. My dog Rex is a 3 year old Siberian Husky who came to live with us at the young age of 4 mos. I also have a cat named sox who gets along well with Rex.
I'M sure there's more but thats all i can think of at the moment... Sooo that me!:dogwub:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alee! Welcome to the Dog Trick Academy! Oooh, another husky! Wow there are a lot of people with huskies on this forum! :dogsmile: Does yours know any cool tricks?

alee

Its not tricks as much as words. He knows how to look out the window on command, how to go to his dish, oh and he also knows how to spell the word w-a-l-k. He knows how to speak with his indoor voice and outdoor. And he knows how to play Hide 'N Seek, where I hide and tell him to come find me.

alee

Maybe I wrote that wrong... Hmm I'M not sure how to explain it but i'll try, Before going for I would go for a walk my mom would ask, are you going for a walk and after a while rex caught on and learnt the word walk. So this word became a secret word and we could never speak of it if we did rex would get really excited. And if I wasn't going I would feel but that it got his hopes up. So we decided to start spelling it so my mom would say are you going or do you want to go for a w-a-l-k, but rexcaught on and now when we spell it he knows what it means, now when my mom asks she says do you want to go for a you know what, But I can't help but thinking how long will it take him to figure it out?

jenclerm

Experienced Member
LoL. I know what you mean. I had a dog that knew the spelling of the word "walk" too.. funny thing is his name was Rex as well. :p

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Oh!! :)
This happened with us too, but with the name of a kind of cheese, that Pami is really crazy about. You can't say it's name in fron of her, or she will turn crazy, and do everything to get it... :)