Hey everybody!!

fyre

Hi people, I'm new to DTA. I have a 5 yr old Papillon mix that i got in august of 07. I AM a first time dog owner, and i adopted him from the SPCA. His name is Happy!! :doglaugh:Anyways, I'm looking forward to being on this site and learning new things to do with Happy. So message me if you'd like to help me out and possibly be friends. Thanks a bunch!! :) :msngrin:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the DTA Fyre! So glad to hear that you adopted. I would encourage you to visit the classroom. Good luck with your dog!!!

fyre

Thank you! I'm going to need the help! xD Happy is so hyper and active that its hard to keep his focus. So far, i taught him Shake. When we got him, he already knew tons of things like drop it, leave it, sit, stay, and come. The only thing is that he doesn't always listen. Heck, he usually doesnt listen because i don't have his focus!

mikecamper

My dog Luke is from a shelter and he knows a number of tricks. The video training in this site is excellant. Let me know if I can help!!

E

emmasmamma

I hear that about the attention problem. I often joke that Emma has Attention Defecit Disorder. When she was younger, she'd start squatting to pee and say leaf blew by, she'd perk up her ears like "O-O-O whats that?" and take off after it, forgetting to complete her original activity!:dogwub: Shes better now, but seems to have traded it for selective memory loss!:dogtongue2:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
She's doing really good in your training tho!!! Your last video was awesome, she jumped right up when you clicked!!! Hehehehe :D

E

emmasmamma

What you didn't see, was the previous 10 min. when she'd do the trick fine, but as soon as I turned the camera on and gave the command, she'd look at me like "Bang? What bang? Idon't know what you are talking about!":dogtongue2:

zcoonhound

Welcome to the DTA, so glad you are here. Check out the March Training Challenges. You might find them helpful in getting pup's attention and have loads of fun training for them!

heidib860

ernwhite2356;6354 said:
i'm new also and i have been trying to figure out how to post. i guess my dogs are smarter than i am.
Welcom ernwhite nice to see you here. This is a great place to be, lots of information, great challenges, and nice people. Hope to see ya around the board.

heidib860

fyre;5636 said:
Hi people, I'm new to DTA. I have a 5 yr old Papillon mix that i got in august of 07. I AM a first time dog owner, and i adopted him from the SPCA. His name is Happy!! :doglaugh:Anyways, I'm looking forward to being on this site and learning new things to do with Happy. So message me if you'd like to help me out and possibly be friends. Thanks a bunch!! :) :msngrin:
Congratulations on your newest addition fyre. I would definately encourage you to take a look in the classroom. It's got a lot of information and the lessons are very easy to follow and broken down real nice so as they don't overwhelm you or your dog.

Hope to see you around the board and look forward to hearing how Happy is doing with his training.