Hey All!

barnhill

Experienced Member
Hello!

I joined awhile ago but havent posted. My name is Jeremy and I am from Ohio.

I have a 5 year old mixed breed named Sagira who does agility, a 2 year old Aussie named Bokeh that does Disc and is learning agility and just recently got a new puppy Tempest. She is a 12 week old Border Collie and she will be doing Disc and Agility as well.

Tempest playing in th back yard (photo by yours truely)

Bokeh and I from the 2012 USDDN world Championships in GA (photo by Chin Weiman):

Sagira (from a trial last year, photo by Mike Lifer):

Mutt

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!
You sound like a very experience dog trainer, I'm looking forward to your posts and love to see some disc vids!
I have to say Bokeh and Tempest are beauties, but Sagira is stunning :love: (total softy for mutts/mixed breeds)

barnhill

Experienced Member
My introduction to dog training and dog sports all started with Sagira 5 years ago, now its become my main focus, once you start you cant stop! LOL

My wife has a Blog that she posts pics and all our videos on, feel free to look around there as well:
http://sagiratherapydog.blogspot.com/

We have videos from all of Sagira's trial runs and most of Bokeh's Disc competitions all out there. Enjoy!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome, your dogs are beautiful. I have always loved the name Tempest(I'm saving it for my future horse).
Great pictures.

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! I'm one of the minority who does not have a BC or other herding breed LOL You'll have alot of fun on this site, and we'll certainly enjoy seeing your pics and vids!!!

CarmenR

Welcome your dogs are gorgeous :love:! I particularly love Sagira omygosh what a stunning looking dog! Do you have any clue what is in her mix. From your photos you look pretty good at disc dogging, I really want to get into it but I have no clue. Did you teach yourself how to throw/teach your dog or did you go to some form of lessons/clinics?

barnhill

Experienced Member
Thanks for all the kind words about my fur-kids!

Sagira is a rescue, when we adopted her they told us she was a Husky/Sheltie mix. She is only about 20 inches tall and I can see traits in her personality from both breeds for sure.

I saw a disc demo at a local event and got the info from the guy that was doing the demo. I contacted him about a year later and he has helped me get started in Disc. I am now a board member of my local Disc club and I actually got Bokeh because of him. He has two Mini-Aussies and I got Bokeh from the breeder he got his dogs from and I havent regretted it for a second.

I was thinking of doing some training vide with Tempest since I have a puppy to show from the begining. Will have to look into that for sure.

Where are you located? I might be able to point you to a local club. Most of the clubs are super friendly and would be more than willing to help people get started!

Linda A

Experienced Member
Welcome! Looks like you have lots of fun with your lovely dogs. I will be looking forward to reading about your adventures with them.

CarmenR

Oh yes I can see those two now, do you think there is anything else in her cos of her smooth coat? Your dogs also have pretty unique names. What does Sagira mean?

I live in Australia, in the state New South Wales and disc dogging is not very big here I have searched high and low for venues and even where I can go watch an event the closest place I found is about 2 hours away. The closest club is 8-10 hours away by car

A video would be awesome also cos Tempest is so cute and I watch that for the cuteness factor alone hahaha

barnhill

Experienced Member
I am sure there is alittle something else in there! My wife and I always say that if we have the spare cash lying around one day we will send in one of those DNA tests to see exactly what she is mixed with.

Hmm....yeah I dont know of anyone is Australia that does disc unfortunatly, but there are several good places on-line to check out.

Ron and April at Pvybe always have good articles: http://pvybe.com/
Marc Muir has loads of good content: http://www.georgiairishdiscdogs.com/
And I am bit biased but here is my club site too: http://flyingk9s.org/

Once the weather warms up a bit here I may look at doing a video or two of Tempest with disc. In the meantime check out: http://sagiratherapydog.blogspot.com/ its a blog my wife has and she posts our dog adventures.

Sagira's name is Arabic and it translates to "Little One". She started as a foster for a local rescue group and her name was Mandy. I knew that Mandy wouldnt last so I started calling her Little One as a nickname, my wife didnt like her nickname but it stuck because everywhere we went people would come up to us and say "Look at this little one." or "she is such a pretty little one".

When we decided to adopt her I went online and was looking up unique names and I found Sagira and that was it.

CarmenR

Those DNA tests are so interesting. My friend got one done on her dog which looked like a black lab and she got told by the previous owners he was a lab X. He definitely looked like one. Anyway got the results back and one parent was staffy x Pomeranian and the other a German shepherd x mastiff. I think the most shocking part was the Pomeranian part rAther than he had no lab in him at all lmao.

Also Thank you so much for linking those sites. Good luck with your little puppy, I'll be sure to see some more of your posts on DTA