Hey All From Gold Coast, Australia

miss_bec

Hi all,

My name is Bec and I recently brought an American Staffy boy. His name is Rambo and he's currently 13 weeks old. He is absolutely adorable in almost everyway which I can admit does annoy me at times when im trying to be mad at him..
He is quite smart-has picked up sit, stay, down and shake and hi 5 is in progress. We are due to start puppy preschool next month but I will also be training him various tricks to make him RAMBO the WONDER DOG not Rambo the Devil dog as lately he has been known as...

He loves cuddling up with me when permitted (i dont always let him on the couch anymore after he started thinking he was boss of it) and he loves sleeping in his crate...

he doesnt know many tricks but excells with all A+++ at stealing clothes put out to dress in after my shower (mainly bra's), stealing towels off the rack when people are showering so they get out to find none, appearing deaf unless what he's being told about is dinner related or cuddle related, taking all my baby sister's toys when she comes to visit and leaving his own and barking to wake everyone staying at mine when I leave for work at 4am to then wake someone up so they let him into their room with them then quickly falling back into a deep sleep whilst the person is now stuck wide awake...

he is being trained for his 'issues' at present so hopefully with patience and persistance he will snap out of these soon...

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome! Oh yes, stealing clothes etc. is very puppy. You could change this to 'fetch/give' - instead of just taking the things away, give him a treat when he's got something like a bra or towel in his mouth - click/treat and say 'give'. He may not stop 'stealing' but he'll always bring the items to you - after all he'll get a treat for doing that. Later, when he's matured more, this can be translated into other tricks. Saves a lot of headaches and your youngster will bond more with you than being 'punished' for doing what comes naturally to a puppy:) Plus instead of instigating a 'chase' which most pups will do, so you're chasing him like crazy trying to retrieve the stolen item, he'll stop doing that too. Better to have the stolen goods returned unharmed, than dragged around the place!;)

CarmenR

Welcome to dog trick academy. Sounds like you have a fun puppyhood ahead of you! Good thing Rambo is super cute. I am just about exiting that stage with my dog (well as well as anyone can hope a kelpie border collie mix can settle down:ROFLMAO:). I remember at around 5 months I began wondering why people even wanted puppies and not adult dogs PMSL.

Rambo sounds supersmart he definitely will be ace at puppy school! Sounds like Rambo has amazing owners though to guide him into being a wonderfully manner dog.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!! Welcome!!!:) Ah, yes, the puppy stage. Hang in there.:p If you need any advice as to how to train your rambunctious puppy, we're here to help! Just give us a shout! We would love to see some more photos of your puppy!!:)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome! Good thing puppies are cute, huh? :LOL: It's what saves 'em ... otherewise ... :ROFLMAO:. Little terrorists, they are! So glad mine are grown (altho they still get into trouble). :rolleyes:

Great advice above by Mary - work on trading for the stolen items, it works wonders. If you need any help, just give a yell, there are loads of great people on the forum. Have fun!