Help Please!!!

Wilson'sMummy

Hi, i'm new to this and i'm the UK so I dont know if that will make a difference but I have a question about my puppy.

My baby Wilson turned 8 weeks old yesterday, and yesterday evening I had him vaccinated for the first time. I should say that ive had him from 5 weeks and 1 day old, I was lied to and told he was 8 weeks and ready to come home with me, but later found out this was not true and the lady who gave the puppies away needed them gone so she could go on vacation. Horrible, I know, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

Anyway, my FIL has two pups from the same litter and we are going to visit them today, the question is, since Wilson's two sisters have NOT yet been vaccinated is it safe for me to take Wilson there too? Will he get sick from his old litter-mates and/or can they get sick from him now he has the anti-bodies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are due to visit them in a couple of hours.

Thanks, Lauren. :D

Jukes

Have they met any other unvaccinated dogs?
How long will you be gone for?
If they have met other dogs then I wouldn't bring him, if they haven't then it proberly would be okay, but if you want to stay on the safe side I would just leave him at home so long as you're not gone for too long.

He looks like a gorgeous puppy by the way :love:, what breed is he?

jackienmutts

Honored Member
If your FIL has kept the puppies only at home (and at that age, I certainly hope he has!!), then probably all should be just fine. If he's has them out meeting other dogs :eek: then I'd keep your puppy away - far away. And please recommend that he begin getting those pups vacc'd asap - no sense risking parvo, etc... unnecessarily. The risks are way too high, and the results can be fatal.