Help--Family Member Causing Dog Problems

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, being rude got through to her for the other stuff, but Mud hasn't been tested with her over for food again yet. Sooo...better get to work on the 'yuck' trick, lol! ^^

We'll see. I think Dakota(bro's new dog) really helped her see the light though. Dakota's a Weimaraner/German Shorthaired Pointer---very large dog. A giant beggar is incredibly annoying, and I think SIL knows that now. LOL! No more table scraps for Kota boy. And as a result, hopefully no more table scraps for Mudflap.

snooks

Experienced Member
Ahhh, karma comes back to bite and teaches so many lessons. :dogrolleyes: Indeed a big begging persistent dog would change the mind of even the most indulgent of dog owners. LOL A Weim and a GSP are both pretty pushy too. I bet even more things change. :dogwink::dogwink:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, a couple more things have already changed. ^^

SIL lets Maddie drag her all over the place, despite asking me how to get her to walk well and me showing her how easily Maddie can learn to walk well. Well...SIL decided to walk both Maddie and Kota by herself. SIL is a tiny little thing, and of course the two big dogs just pulled her everywhere. Later that day she said that Kota needed to learn how to walk without pulling and asked that I come over.....lol.

No more pulling dogs. If she tries to create a beggar out of Kota she'll regret it quite quickly---he's the worst drooler I've ever met, and she'll be aching for him to go away when his big drooly face is laying on her lap waiting for a scrap.

bellapup

Haha, tigerlily, I saw a quote much like the one you posted, except it said "Get a dog. It's your only chance to choose a family member."

Good luck with your SIL, Tx. I wish my sister and brother in law even liked pets. They'd turn their heads at just my cats...they haven't even met Bella yet, but I'm sure it'd be enough to have them go to a hotel instead of staying at my house. That's fine with me, more room for me and Bella, I say!

I just think how sad it is that their child is going to grow up petless.

snooks

Experienced Member
Karma has a really insistent way of returning to bite people in the butt when they need it. I'm betting ur dogs won't get encouraged to be "bad" anymore. :doghappy: