helloo

dunwurkn

G'day all

about me and my dogs...

me: 31yr old, single, female, from Queensland Australia... works full time at the local council as a noxious weeds sprayer... keeps me off the streets :doglaugh:

the dogs: yep there are multiples... i am currently owned by 4 Border Collies

The oldest: Buddy an 8yr old Male Black/white, rescued from a shelter when he was 9mths old, he currently competes in Agility and Canine Disc has also competed in Flyball... has a few Agility titles and a couple of Flyball ones as well, one more leg for his first Canine Disc title... showing no signs of slowing down, is a great companion...

No 2: Coco(Wottapud Roki Road) 3.5 yr old female Chocolate/white, a very highly driven girl who loves to learn... currently competes in Agility and Canine Disc, training to be a herding dog... has her first Agility and Canine Disc Title, made it into the Canine Disc finals at the 2008 Australian Canine Disc National Championships... is a purely amazing dog one i hope never grows old...

No 3: GT(Borderiver Gin and Tonic) 2yr old Female Black/White, a very sweet girl is my socila butterfly, and a Canine Disc Nut... currently competes in Agility and Canine Disc, has an awesome time, her passion is Canine Disc i just need to learn to throw better.. has also had some herding training and is doing well...

No 4: Focus(Faithet Woody Willow) 10mth old Male Choc /Merle/ Tri colour... a sweet natured boy, but a very enthusiatic worker/learner... currently the others fan club and part of the support crew at competitions, is in training for Agility/Canine Disc and Herding, shows a huge amount of talent in this department...

am looking forward to reading everyones posts and learning some new tricks to teach the dogs... some of our current tricks include, Sit, drop, Stand, Bow, Shake Paws, Give Ten, Spin Left and Right, Speak, Touch, Jump up, Roll over, Play Dead, On your Mat, in your crate, fetch the ball, stick, disc, hat or whatever i decide to use as a retrieve item...

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa four border collies!!! :dogsmile: That's awesome! There are other members from Australia too, perhaps you know them? Especially since you also go to agility competitions. ;)

A big welcome to the Academy to you and Coco, GT, Buddy & Focus!!! :dogsmile:

dunwurkn

thanks guys

have been browsing throuh some of the topics, some great stuff happening...

i am currently teaching my dogs to follow a target stick...

hoping to use it for some new tricks for a frisbee freestyle routine... which i may launch later this year... still have lots to work on though...

As well as Focus has been not doing to much as he hurt his leg, so have been trying to rest him up.. now keeping a 10mth old BC quite is not an ewasy thing to do... even letting him out to toilet is done with enthusiasm...

dunwurkn

no life is very busy with 4 border Collies, although they are quite good and will just lounge around in the evenings for tv time...

only time i get bored is when i am at work:msngiggle: then i am thinking of all the things i could be doing at home with the dogs....

spent the weekend away at an agility trial.. my old boy Buddy got the last qualie card needed for his Master Australian Agility Dog Title, which now makes him an Australian Agility Champion... i am so excited....

the 2 girls also came home with a couple of placings...

and Focus is much better after a trip to a chiro, poor pup his back and pelvis were out as well as his neck... which were affecting his leg...