Hello

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hi, I just joined and would like to introduce myself and my dogs.
I'm Dani and my dogs are Missy a border collie mix and Chase a lab dalmatian mix. Missy is five. She is a very hyper active dog and craves attention. To keep her mind busy I teach her tricks which she enjoys learning. right now I'm teaching her to put clothes in the washer. Chase is fifteen and has a bad leg and arthritis so due to these things he does not do tricks just chills around the house.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi, I just joined and would like to introduce myself and my dogs.
I'm Dani and my dogs are Missy a border collie mix and Chase a lab dalmatian mix. Missy is five. She is a very hyper active dog and craves attention. To keep her mind busy I teach her tricks which she enjoys learning. right now I'm teaching her to put clothes in the washer. Chase is fifteen and has a bad leg and arthritis so due to these things he does not do tricks just chills around the house.
Do you ever look back to those days and marvel at how much your dogs have learned, and how much they have taught you? How's Chase doing these days? He must be coming up 18!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Do you ever look back to those days and marvel at how much your dogs have learned, and how much they have taught you? How's Chase doing these days? He must be coming up 18!
Yes. Missy has come very far with her reactivity since than and has learned a lot of tricks too. If I hadn't of joined DTA Missy would probably still be super reactive a nightmare to walk
Chase.. he's not doing good at all. He has dementia, he'll end up in a corner and stand there it's like he is lost. He's also became very aggressive charging at people barking and biting my little brother and also randomly jumping on Piper. His back legs have lost almost all muscle so they don't work well. We'll be putting him to sleep soon, poor boy doesn't even wag his tail anymore.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Yes. Missy has come very far with her reactivity since than and has learned a lot of tricks too. If I hadn't of joined DTA Missy would probably still be super reactive a nightmare to walk
Chase.. he's not doing good at all. He has dementia, he'll end up in a corner and stand there it's like he is lost. He's also became very aggressive charging at people barking and biting my little brother and also randomly jumping on Piper. His back legs have lost almost all muscle so they don't work well. We'll be putting him to sleep soon, poor boy doesn't even wag his tail anymore.
So sorry to hear that. Poor Chase. It must be so hard to see him that way. He has had a good long life, though, hasn't he? What's 18 in dog years?