Hello

katz

I am new. I stumbled upon this site rying to research umbilical training. I have a lab and a mini dacshund

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Katz, welcome to the Academy!!! :dogsmile: Hope to see you around the forums. :dogwink:

katz

Not quite sure yet. Appears as though you attach the leash to you so dog is always close by and does aeverything with you. Did not know there was a name for it. Had a friend when I lived in the country that use to tie her leash to her waste so she always knew what her pup was up to...boy could that dog heel.

katz

Sorry I am new and hit reply to my own message to reply to yours...I will watch that next time!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the Academy! I have heard a little about umbilical training but couldn't really explain how to use it. Snooks might be of some assistance here; I know she's mentioned it before to some other members...
Good luck, and enjoy the site!

snooks

Experienced Member
Welcome Katz. I didn't know this training had an official name. I did it with my last two dogs just to keep them out of trouble and with me while doing things around the house. Not quite as fast as not having a furry ball and chain but so very cute. They both ended up being very bonded to me.:dogtongue2: