Hello

cleverdogs

I've got three fantastic dogs and I'm here for inspiration! :dogcool:

I've tried looking at some of the videos and they all say we're sorry this video is no longer available. I checked I was logged in, any suggestions?

Cleverdogs

homer

You mean in the video gallery? I think you have to submit it to youtube before you can submit it to the video gallery.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you need a minimum of 10 posts before posting links. It helps to prevent against spammers and robots. Thanks for your understanding.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Very cute. ^^ Do you and George compete in freestyle, or just do lots of trick training?

Mud and I have both had quite a bit of difficulty with backwards tricks(weaving, heel, etc) but we're working on it. George seems to have no trouble at all with it. =] Keep up the good work and welcome to the site!

snooks

Experienced Member
VERY VERY nice. I didn't hear sound but assume this is all voice cues. How did you train? Target stick, lure, shaping with clicker? I'm heading this direction and have the basics down with puppy and better with my 4yo but not near this level. This is some extraordinary precision, focus, and with distractions of person leaving and opening gate with few treats. If you don't get a lot more compliments it's because not enough people know how hard this is to do this well. If you're not doing this in competition you SHOULD be. :D bravo!!

cleverdogs

tx_cowgirl;13587 said:
Very cute. ^^ Do you and George compete in freestyle, or just do lots of trick training?
We do HTM/Freestyle and we're not doing too badly. :dogsmile:

snooks;13676 said:
VERY VERY nice. I didn't hear sound but assume this is all voice cues. How did you train? Target stick, lure, shaping with clicker? I'm heading this direction and have the basics down with puppy and better with my 4yo but not near this level. This is some extraordinary precision, focus, and with distractions of person leaving and opening gate with few treats. If you don't get a lot more compliments it's because not enough people know how hard this is to do this well. If you're not doing this in competition you SHOULD be. :D bravo!!
Thanks snooks. I took sound off because I don't like the sound of my voice.

I try to use mostly voice cues but usually they're backed up with physical ones which might not be obvious (e.g. just walking towards the box is a cue to get on and turn round).

For training I use lots of luring, shaping and always clicker. I've used a target stick a bit but I don't think I used it for anything in that video.

George has great focus but I did a lot of distraction training a few years ago and its stuck with him (most of the time, we both have off moments).

I just want everyone to know that staffordshire bull terriers are wonderful and very trainable.
:dogbiggrin:

shaktishiloh

WONDERFUL job! We left you a comment on YouTube and gave you 5 stars of course! :) You did an AWESOME job training your dog! CONGRATULATIONS! :)